Siddur pages for our services can be found below under Siddur Pirchei Kodesh.
Our Daily Services (both Shacharit and Mincha/Ma’ariv) are held in-person in the Herman Chapel. Our daily services will continue with the option to join online via Zoom as well.
- Our Shacharit Service (both in-person in the Herman Chapel and on Zoom) is held daily at 7:30 am (9:00 am on Sundays and statutory holidays)
- Rosh Chodesh is celebrated at the Shacharit Service. Follow this link for dates.
- Our Mincha/Ma’ariv Service (both in-person in the Herman Chapel and on Zoom) is held Monday through Thursday at 6:00 pm
Join our Daily Services
- Weekday Morning Shacharit Service:
- Weekday Evening Mincha/Ma’ariv Service:
Shabbat Morning Torah Study
Shabbat mornings at 9:00 am
For those who are comfortable, you can now join us in person to study the weekly Torah portion.
To continue to join us online, click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81097417710?pwd=d2xaQ0JIcncwM284TzVubDYwTzJwdz09
Shabbat Morning Torah Study is generously supported by Barry and Susan Borden
Yahrzeit and Mi Shebeirach Daily Lists
Below you will find the names of those we are remembering for Yahrzeit and for Shloshim. Please note, the lists are updated every Monday (except holidays when they are updated on Tuesday). If there is a name you wish to have added to the list, please email [email protected]
At this time we think of those who are in need of healing of body, mind, and soul. Please find their names below. If there is a name you would like to have added to the Mi Shebeirach list, email JoAnne Bieman at [email protected]
Siddur Pirchei Kodesh
Siddur Pirchei Kodesh, just the sixth siddur in the 150 plus years of Holy Blossom’s history, is the only prayerbook we ourselves have produced.
Infused with the ethos of the tradition and of Peoplehood, this book is most responsive to the contemporary moment. There are few siddurim in the liberal Jewish world to match Siddur Pirchei Kodesh for its fullness, its elegance, its Jewishness. This is a siddur to cherish both while praying in our synagogue and while reciting blessings at home. It can be read as a history; it can be studied as a way into Judaism and Jewish prayer; it is an important face of our congregation. The siddur is to be celebrated.
If you are interested in purchasing a siddur, please complete the order form.
Please find the Holy Blossom Temple Siddur Pirchei Kodesh Service pages for download below.
Fridays at 6:00 pm in the Mishkan on the second floor
- Our Temple welcomes Shabbat with a warm, communal worship experience. This simple, engaging service is filled with congregational participation and community spirit. An informal service, Kabbalat Shabbat has become an important part of the week for many of our congregants.
Family and Tot Shabbat
Fridays, (various dates), 5:30 pm
- From tots to teens, everyone is included and has a role in our family Friday night Services. The music of Shabbat enhances the feeling of community as we welcome Shabbat with our families. Click here for more information, dates, and registration!
Saturdays, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Usually held in our beautiful sanctuary, our Shabbat morning service is the centrepiece of our week. The voices of our Cantors and Temple Singers lead our prayers in celebration of Shabbat.
- The teachings of our Rabbis explore Jewish ideas and Jewish ideals.
- The life cycle occasions of our congregants – Baby naming, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Aufruf, Special anniversaries, Significant Birthday, acknowledging recovery, accomplishment or loss – bring our congregation together in sacred community to share in each others’ joy and sorrow.
Saturdays (various dates), 11:00 am
- Join us as we delight in the music and song of David Gershon, the beauty of our Shabbat blessings and prayers, the remarkably enduring lessons of Torah and the joyous celebration of our Temple community among our young…and younger!
- Family Service will be held, with some exceptions, every two weeks. It will alternate with Friday evening’s Tot Shabbat Service.
- Learn more & join us here: https://holyblossom.org/event/family-service/all/
Shabbat at the Barns
Saturdays (various dates), 9:30 am
- Shabbat at the Barns is held 4-5 times throughout the year with the Leo Baeck Day School.
- Join us for a welcoming Tot Shabbat-style service, open to the public, in the theatre near the playground at 9:30 am
- Please contact Neomi Offman for more information: [email protected]
Music of Worship
Music is a language with the ability to permeate our outer shells and nourish our souls on a profound level. Holy Blossom is a place where music has always been an integral component for our congregation and defining what it stands for. It has developed our Jewish identities and connected us with the local community and the world at large.
Whether you experience music through our dynamic and engaging worship or you enjoy the sounds of our renowned concerts and musical events, Holy Blossom is the place to experience, create and feel music through a vast range of participation.
As part of your musical experience at Holy Blossom, there are opportunities for you to engage on multiple levels – and platforms. Whether you decide to join our Temple Singers, take part in one of our hilarious Purim Spiels, attend a tot Shabbat with a child or grandchild, are delighted/moved by the musicality of a world-class artist, or celebrate through worship and life-cycle events, music at Holy Blossom transcends the generations and elevates us in very meaningful ways.
Our Senior Cantor and Music Director, David Rosen, joined Holy Blossom in 2020 and carries on the legacy of our former cantors – including Cantor Emeritus Benjamin Maissner – with enthusiasm, a depth of musical knowledge and a wide range of experience. Under his dynamic leadership and guidance, Holy Blossom proudly embraces music as a vehicle for connection, engagement, and spirituality.