Breaking news: the Holy B’s regain stewardship of the Championship trophy!
By: Richie Borins, Team Captain
The championship game on October 17, was much closer than the final score indicates. We were up 9 – 7 going into the ninth inning before we exploded for 14 runs to pull away with a 23 – 7 win. I think that was the biggest inning that we have ever had and it was definitely the biggest inning that we have had in a playoff game.
This one was a true team effort. I have noted below the contributions of each player in the line-up today. I also wanted to thank others who helped us during the season and of course to our many fans in attendance today.
Here is the breakdown of the contributions from the winning game:
- Nate – Nate had a couple of hits, scored two runs in the 9th inning and made some nice catches battling the sun in left field
- Adam A – Adam was fantastic at second base, making some great plays. He had some key hits and scored twice
- Josh – MVP of the game. Josh made some terrific plays at short and was an incredible 6 for 6 at the plate including two or three doubles and one triple. He had a bunch of RBIs and scored 5 times!
- Mike – Mike was 5 for 6 at the plate and scored 3 runs!
- Jon – Jon got us off to a nice start with a great play in the first inning. He had 4 hits including two doubles.
- Steve – Steve was 4 for 6 at the plate and hit the only HR of the game in the 14 run 9th inning.
- Dan – Daniel had some nice plays in the field and a couple of hits including an important one in the ninth.
- Allan – Allan has had many great hits over the years with the Holy Bs but I think that his triple in the 9th inning may have been his best hit ever. He was also flawless at first base and had two other hits as well.
- Adam G – Adam had 3 hits, made some very nice plays in the outfield and pitched a great game for us.
- Me – I had a couple of hits including one to start our big ninth inning.
- Lewis – Lewis made a very nice catch in the outfield and had two big hits in the ninth inning, scoring twice that inning.
Coaches – Jeff, David and Marc – Many thanks as always to Jeff who schlepped the equipment for us each week, filled up the cooler and provided us with support from the bench. David did a great job coaching 3rd base for us during the playoffs. I am pleased to advise that his injuries are healing up and we expect him to be back on the field for 2022. Marc, thank you very much for tracking the Beth Emeth hitters for us today and for handling the bench apps all season. We hope to see you back on the field in 2022.
We had over 20 guys suit up for the Holy Bs this season. Thanks to everyone for their contributions to bringing back the trophy. Jeff told Rabbi Splansky and she extended congratulations to all.
Have a great off-season guys!