Thinking of joining our Temple community? I would love to talk to you about how we can best welcome you to Holy Blossom.
Abigail Nemzer, Director of Membership and Community Engagement
T. 416-789-3291 ext. 232 | [email protected]
Already a member of Holy Blossom? Renew online today! Click here
Become a Member
Become a part of Holy Blossom’s vibrant Jewish community — Life can blossom here.
Find your home in this historic congregation — Toronto’s first synagogue; a place where tradition meets modernity. Here we honour our noble past while boldly preparing for our future.
Join this leading synagogue as we come together to pursue Tikkun Olam — mending the world — through our wide-reaching social justice initiatives.
Pray with our sacred community at our daily minyan, on Shabbat, Festivals and Holy Days.
Learn from our inspiring clergy, as well as scholars and leading figures from around the world, who come to share the wisdom of our tradition in ways that challenge the intellect and enrich our lives.
Find your Jewish home away from home in our community of communities, where our members come together to form lasting bonds with one another.
We hope you will join us.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of Holy Blossom Temple, you become part of our congregation, a Jewish community that will cater to your spirit, your intellect, and your drive to make the world a better place. Together, we mark simchas (celebrations) and sorrows, we build friendships, and grow our Jewish identities.
Membership contributions to Holy Blossom Temple help us to build a vibrant community for all of our members, from our littlest Blossoms to our cherished elders, and to provide the highest quality programming and services for every stage of life.
The benefits of membership include:
- Rabbis and Cantors to officiate your lifecycle events;
- Empathic pastoral care in times of difficulty or bereavement;
- Tickets to our inspiring High Holy Day services and programs;
- Consecration, B’nei Mitzvah, and Confirmation rituals for your children;
- A subscription to the Temple Bulletin;
- Membership in the Union for Reform Judaism, where you will join a North America-wide network of Jews with shared values;
- Meaningful connections with the Reform Movement in Israel;
- Members’ pricing on Holy Blossom’s stimulating and inspiring educational, social and cultural programming;
- Access to congregational trips, where our Rabbis and Cantors teach and learn with you as you explore Jewish destinations;
- Access to burial plots at our three cemeteries, including Beit Olam, our purpose-built cemetery for interfaith families wishing to be buried together in a Jewish context;
- The ability to book exquisite event space in our renewed facility;
- Unique volunteer opportunities where you can enrich yourself as you build your Jewish community;
- Access to our Portal for Meaningful Membership;
- The chance to feel part of Jewish history-in-the-making and to contribute to the Jewish future;
- The opportunity to be a part of a congregation which carries the responsibilities of leadership with creativity, devotion and joy;
- and much, much more.
Your Family Can Blossom Here
Families of all backgrounds and structures are celebrated and cherished at Holy Blossom. You and your family belong here.
Holy Blossom Temple aspires to be a sacred congregation in which all of our members, old and new, feel they are known as individuals and families and feel that their participation in Temple life and contributions of all kinds are welcomed, valued, and fulfilling. We come together to learn, pray, have fun, share in each other’s joys and sorrows, reach out to one another in support and compassion, inspire each other’s growth, and create lasting and meaningful memories.
Interfaith families are invited to have baby namings at Temple, and have access to Beit Olam, a Jewish cemetery for interfaith families. Children in interfaith families are welcome to celebrate becoming Bat/Bar/Perach Mitzvah at Temple. We also welcome the opportunity to craft personalized rituals and mark occasions with you.
The Youth Education Centre and Early Childhood Centre welcome interfaith families, and representation is embedded into the curriculum and by strong staff role models. Making sure all members feel heard and represented ensures we uphold our commitment to being an inclusive, accessible, and welcoming community.
Terumah – Gifts from the Heart
Because each family is unique…
We respect each family’s unique stage in life. Partnering with Holy Blossom through our Terumah Membership plan for families whose oldest child is 8 or younger helps balance the needs of your family with support for our congregation.
Learn more about Terumah our personalized young families membership program here!
Membership contributions support the Temple’s engaging worship opportunities and high-quality programs and creates meaningful community.
We are committed to being an inclusive congregation. If you are facing financial challenges, please reach out in confidence to Abigail Nemzer, our Director of Membership and Community Engagement at [email protected] or 416-789-3291 ext. 232. Finances should never be a barrier to Temple membership. You belong here.
For those who live more than 100 kilometers away from Holy Blossom Temple, we have an Out of Town category of membership just for you. This has many of the privileges of membership, and also a reduced financial commitment.