In addition to b’nei mitzvot, weddings, funerals and new babies, we would like to share many more of the joys and sorrows of our community such as engagements, promotions, awards, personal achievements, new jobs, illnesses and recoveries in our regular feature “Our Congregational Life” which will appear in “Life at Holy Blossom”.
- Dr. Daniel Drucker received Officer of The Order of Canada, for his contributions to the development of medicines used around the world to treat diabetes and intestinal disorders.
- Dr. Laurence Klotz received Member of The Order of Canada, for his contributions to the treatment of prostate cancer, notably for leading the adoption of active surveillance as a standard aspect of patient care.
- Earlier this year, Dr. Wayne Pulver was recognized by the Ontario Dental Association for his outstanding contributions to the profession of dentistry. Serving for over 20 years as an endodontist, Dr. Pulver has headed various local and national-level dental associations, while conducting significant medical research over the course of his career. His impressive professional achievements are only matched by his work as Head of Endodontics at Mt. Sinai Hospital, as well as his impassioned involvement with the JNF.
- Jessica Roher won the Silver Medal of the graduating class of Osgoode Hall Law School
- Lisa & Jeffrey Dack on the birth of a son, Dylan Philip Dack and brother to Sadie and Rachel. Proud grandparents are Rosanne & Steven Ain; and Nancy & Joe Dack.
- Bonnie Croll & Robert Henry on the birth of twin grandchildren, Elle Reese Gertner and Teddy Fitz Gertner. Proud parents are Brett Henry & Marc Gertner. Other proud grandparent is Eric Gertner, and the late Elinor Gertner. Proud great grandmother is Beulah Wagman.
- Sandy & Steven Moranis and Janet & Howard Goldstein, on the birth of a grandson, Miles Ruben Goldstein. Proud parents are Jessica Moranis & Ira Goldstein. Proud great grandparents are Rosie & Charlie Tabachnick and Rhoda Kulman.
The congregation sympathizes with the recently bereaved. We remember:
- Lynn Albert, mother of Michael Albert, Kenny Albert, Richard Albert and sister of Bonnie Levy and Joan Dubros.
- Sylvia Burns, mother of Michael Burns, Jeffrey Burns, Lorne Burns and Steve Burns.
- Jackie Evans, sister of Yehuda Beni
- Martin Offman, husband of Penny Offman, father of Cathy Walderman, Amy Heckman, Carolyn Offman; brother of Allan Offman