Holy Blossom Temple Foundation Seeks a Dynamic Foundation Associate.
Holy Blossom Temple is a landmark institution as Toronto’s first synagogue. With a rich history that began in the late 19th century and continues today, Holy Blossom is Canada’s premier liberal Jewish congregation. The mission of the Holy Blossom Temple Foundation is to raise funds to help maintain the synagogue as an international beacon of Reform Judaism.
Our ideal candidate:
A natural “people person”, you have acquired a strong grasp of basic fundraising principles or possess a willingness and ability to learn quickly. A highly organized professional, you actively seek ways to innovate by employing your better-than-average skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and preferably fundraising database systems (Raiser’s Edge, Sage, etc…)
Tidy by nature, you insist that all written material look as presentable as possible, while often balancing against the need to process a high volume of Foundation functions.
A donor-centred, empathetic fundraiser, you communicate effectively and strategically in your interactions with our diverse membership. Respectful and dignified in your interactions with colleagues, you assertively work to help ensure smooth and efficient Foundation operations.
Above all, you are a team player who possesses loyalty; a strong work ethic; and a desire to share your success with your colleagues.
- University degree, preferably focused on fundraising, marketing or communications
- One to three years’ experience in fundraising preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing and editing skills with emphasis on effective organization of material, correct grammar and spelling
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills
- Strong Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database and other computer skills
- A hard worker with a high energy level; results-oriented, adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through
- Ability to manage projects independently while functioning as a member of a cohesive team.
- Knowledge of Jewish community institutions; as a member, volunteer or from prior work experience
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume as one PDF file, quoting “FA-2014” in the subject line, to Cindy Zimmer at [email protected] before November 21, 2014.
The interview process will commence immediately with qualified candidates.
No phone calls please. While we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.