Statement of Approach
The members and friends of Holy Blossom Temple hold a wide range of views on Israel; representing the full spectrum of politics and narratives. Therefore, the resources and statements which we are sharing do not represent the formal position of the Holy Blossom Israel Engagement Committee or claim to speak for the congregation at large. Rather, we are compiling materials from the Union for Reform Judaism, Israel Movement of Progressive Judaism, and other publications to provide resources for you to formulate your own informed opinions.
Israel’s Current Situation: Resources & Links
- URJ Resources for Understanding Current Israeli Palestinian Crisis Curated by Rabbi Josh Weinberg
- Eight Tips for Reading about Israel by Matti Friedman
- Statement from URJ President, Rabbi Rick Jacobs
- Israelis and Palestinians can’t go on like this: Weep for us, Opinion by Gershom Gorenberg
- I Cannot Just Put My Anger Aside Until Things Are Quiet by Rabbi Dr. Donniel Hartman
- Israel’s Real Existential Threat by Yossi Klein Halevi
- The End of Israel’s Illusion by Shlomo Ben Ami
- “Israel’s problems are not like America’s” by Matti Friedman
- “Hamas’s Forever War has a glitch, and It Isn’t Iron Dome” by Haviv Rettig Gur
In case you missed it: Holy Blossom’s Israel Engagement Committee hosted a conversation with members and friends of the community about the current situation in Israel. Please watch these important and timely virtual gatherings.
Coming soon: May 21 discussion