The Holy Bs finished the month of June with one of the biggest wins in recent history. Why was this win different from all other wins you ask? First, we beat Temple Emanuel, for the first time in a long time. They also won the championship just last season and feature a former Holy B on their team – Brian Britt. The final score was 20 – 16 for the Bs. The Bs scored in each inning but the first, had two 5 run innings and did not even bat in the ninth. Drive of the day goes to Dr. Jordan Glicksman who was on call until 7am at a hospital in London Ontario. Jordan managed to drive in to our 9:00am game without missing an at bat.
Here are some of the offensive highlights for the Bs:
- Steve Gryfe in just his 2nd game for the team launched a homerun to one of the deepest parts of the park in left centre field just minutes before his wife Ashley and their three kids, Harrison, Cooper and Quincy arrived. Fortunately, he was also able to also hit a triple once the family was sitting in the stands. Steve was a double away from hitting for the cycle.
- Josh Silver went 4 for 4 with a couple of doubles and scored 3 runs.
- Nate Charach, Ken Herlin and Jordan Glicksman each went 3 for 4. Nate scored 3 times and Jordan and Ken each scored twice.
- Marc Levy went 3 for 4 with a triple and scored twice.
- Richie Borins went 3 for 4 and scored 3 runs and drove in a few.
- Randy Cass went 3 for 4 including a bases clearing triple.
- Jeff Levy had a couple of key RBIs.
- Joe Cass and Jonathan Davis each had some hits as well.
The defence also played very well against a strong hitting team. The only inning where Temple Emanuel scored more than three runs was in their four run 9th inning. As you can see, this was a real team effort; those who did not contribute with the bat made some big plays in the field.
In addition to the Gryfe family, we thank our fans Nathan Cass, Daniel Borins and Jack Borins for coming out to cheer on the home team.
Next Game: Sunday July 17 at Crosby Park, 302 Crosby Ave. Richmond Hill against Temple Kol Ami. Fans are always welcome.