The reason we are asking is two-fold. Firstly, it is because it is important to us that you feel supported in your Jewish educational choices, and we want to make sure we tailor our own programs to meet your needs. Secondly, we have already made great steps in re-working what youth activities looks like at HBT to include day school families, families with private tutors, those who have “not-yet” engaged in formal Jewish education, and the many participants in our own Youth Education program.
Here are some examples of what we offer for the children of all of members:
- Holy Chag! Programs for children when school is out on Pesach, Shavuot and Sukkot.
- HBTeen Travel opportunities to Israel, Washington, D.C., and Cincinnati, OH this year, and a few weekend retreats in the Toronto area.
- Community service and volunteer opportunities. (For our youngest, this includes the Kids’ Mitzvah Club program with parents. For our oldest, we have many focused volunteer opportunities both as ‘elective’ programs in our teen education programs and as one time engagements).
- Informal Jewish experiences through our Youth Activities programs: YEAH, JVC, HBTeens and more.
- Family Service every Shabbat of the school year at 10:30am, plus our new Family First Fridays at the start of every month, followed by a community family dinner.
Please let us know where your family currently sends your children for Jewish education and we look forward to helping you in any way we can on your family’s Jewish journey.