Zoombooks – a virtual book club for HBTweens in grades 6-8
Zoombooks is a NEW book club designed specifically for students in grades 6, 7 and 8. We will meet every other month (4 times/year) to examine and discuss books that have been carefully curated for you. If you enjoy reading, Zoombooks is for you!
Zoombook meetings will be facilitated by trained teen facilitators online. Students who sign up to participate in Zoombooks will be expected to read each book in preparation for the meeting, then join online for the live meeting to discuss. We will send you special treats to enjoy and enhance your experience during each live Zoombook meeting! Meetings will take place the second Thursday of the month, in the evening.
Need to do a book report for school? Use one of the books from Zoombooks and get great insight and ideas for your report!
Zoombooks Schedule and Reading List:
- November 12 @ 7:00 pm – That’s What Friends Do, by Cathleen Barnhart
- January 14 @ 7:00 pm – Refugee, by Alan Graftz
- March 11 @ 7:00 pm – Summer of my German Soldier, by Bette Greene
- May 13 @ 7:00 pm – Dave and Night, by Gail Carson Levine
Want to join Zoombooks? There are two simple steps:
- email Lisa Isen Baumal: [email protected]
- get the books, and start to read!*
*Please let us know if you need assistance in acquiring any of the books
Do you want to be a teen facilitator for Zoombooks, or know someone who does?
Contact Lisa to learn more about being a teen facilitator: [email protected]