The Israel Dialogues: Winter 2024 Sessions
This year’s Israel Dialogues Sessions are generously sponsored by Harriette Laing and Family.
Our Israel Dialogues sessions return during this pivotal time. With thanks to our Israel Dialogues Organizing Committee and our expert panellists, please hold the following dates as further details will follow:
Thursday, February 22 @ 12:00 pm
Expert Panelist: Kobi Michael
Kobi Michael bio: Prof. Kobi Michael is a senior researcher at INSS and a visiting professor at the International Centre for Policing and Security University of South Wales UK. Among his primary research interests are conflict resolution; strategy; national security; civil-military relations; failed states and peace keeping and state building operations; and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Prof. Michael served as the deputy director general and head of the Palestinian desk at the Ministry for Strategic Affairs. He was a member of the faculty at Ben Gurion University (2008-2011), a senior faculty member at Ariel University (2013-2015), and a visiting professor at Northwestern University in Illinois (2006-7) and Peking University in Beijing (2017). He has published widely in his field – including 20 books and monographs and over 100 articles and chapters in books – and has been awarded several academic prizes, among them, the Yariv Prize, the Tshetshik Prize, the Yitzhak Sadeh Prize, and the Israeli Association for Political Science Prize, awarded for the best book of 2008-9. Among his recent books and monographs:
- Seventy Years to UNRWA – Time for Structural and Functional Reforms (co-authored with Michal Hatuel-Radoshitzky), 2020
- Special Operations Forces in the 21st Century – Perspectives from the Social Sciences (co-edited with Jessica Glicken Turnley and Eyal Ben-Ari), 2017
- Six Days and Fifty Years (co-authored with Gabi Siboni and Anat Kurtz), 2018
- The Arab World on the Road to State Failure (co-authored with Yoel Guzansky), 2017
- IDF Strategy in the Perspective of National Security (co-authored with Meir Elran and Gabi Siboni), 2016
The topic for each session remains fluid with the situation as it unfolds, so please register to receive updates on information. Please note you only need to register once per email address.
Sessions are recorded, so even if you miss one, you can watch it online later. Please allow approximately three business days for each session to be uploaded.
And if you haven’t visited our Lean Into Israel page, please check it out. We update it regularly with articles and timely information.