HaTzipporim (Empty Nesters) as the Sandwich Generation
with Elana Hunter
Sunday, March 3, 10:30 am
Join HaTzipporim (Empty Nesters) for a presentation on the Sandwich Generation! Whether you are a member of a Traditional Sandwich, Club Sandwich, or Open-Faced Sandwich, providing care for others requires tremendous energy and resources.
We are thrilled to welcome presenter Elana Hunter (also an HBT member) for this special morning.
As a generation who are “caught in the middle”, we will:
- Examine societal trends that are increasing the demands on caregivers, and extending the time when adults are taking care of younger and older generations
- Explore the emotional, mental, physical, and financial aspects of caregiving
- Experience interactive self-care activities to reduce stress
- Learn about caretaker burnout, including prevention and recovery
- Gain resources for caregivers
Join us at Holy Blossom Temple for this poignant discussion, especially for our Empty Nesters demographic.
Treats from Holy Grounds will be provided!
About Elana Hunter:
Elana Hunter is a Registered Psychotherapist and the Executive Clinical Director of Present Mind, a mental health therapy practice in midtown Toronto. Her graduate degree is in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, and her Bachelor’s degree is in Psychology from Reed College in Portland, Oregon. She oversees a team of 30 clinicians who serve over a thousand clients and their families each year. She is trained in a mind-body approach that combines cognitive understanding with somatic awareness to empower clients towards a deeper understanding of themselves and others. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her husband and their two young children.