HOLY BLOSSOM TEMPLE
Director of Early Childhood Centre (ECC)
Holy Blossom Temple, Toronto’s first synagogue, is a leading Canadian Reform Jewish congregation with a rich history of responding to both tradition and modernity in our religious and spiritual expression.
Inherent in our congregation’s philosophy includes the following values:
A community dedicated to life-long learning; social justice/responsibility as a hallmark; love of Israel; a meaningful, spiritual existence; ensuring a strong community and many communities with in our larger community; positive relationships; being courageous and compassionate; men and women have equal value in our community; all members are important; and financial responsibility as an imperative. Life can blossom here.
Holy Blossom Temple seeks a full-time year-round Director of our Early Childhood Centre. This position encompasses many aspects of young family experience at HBT. The following are important elements of the position:
- Ensure an inclusive, nurturing and engaging environment where all families feel a strong connection to Holy Blossom Temple
- Establish, implement and monitor all strategic planning and design for the future vision of the Early Childhood/young family programs through the ECC along with Director of Education and clergy
- Direct program compliance with the Ontario Ministry of Education and Toronto Public Health and familiarity with the Ontario Ministry of Education’s Child Care and Early Years Act
- Design and implementation along with staff for an integrated secular/Reform Jewish curriculum
- Be a registered Early Childhood Educator (ECE) to oversee all aspects of administration at the early childhood level
Please submit your resumé along with references and salary expectations to
[email protected]. Contact will be made only to applicants considered for the position.