Holy Blossom Temple
Life can Blossom Here
Position: Director of Communications and Marketing, Holy Blossom Temple
Reports to: Executive Director
Holy Blossom Temple (HBT), Toronto’s first synagogue, is a leading Canadian Reform Jewish congregation with a rich history of responding to both tradition and modernity in our religious and spiritual expression. We pursue meaningful opportunities for personal growth and family fulfillment at every stage of life through belonging, learning, prayer and ritual, and acts of service for our congregation and community, our city and country, the Reform movement, Israel and all the world.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: https://www.holyblossom.org/
The Director of Communications and Marketing is a strategic thinker who will, in collaboration with the senior leadership team and Temple Board representatives, help develop communications and marketing strategies for Holy Blossom Temple’s programs, services and activities.
Essentially, the role of the Director is to illuminate the brand, Life can Blossom Here, with relevant messaging in all communications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute, in collaboration with senior staff and lay leaders, a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for all aspects of HBT’s activities including digital, social, print and PR;
- Manage content for bi-weekly email, Life at Holy Blossom, and quarterly print editions of the Holy Blossom Bulletin, including soliciting submissions, writing and editing articles, visual elements, design and production;
- Manage the distribution of congregation wide and targeted email communications produced by multiple senders;
- Manage the Holy Blossom Temple website, including daily updates;
- Coordinate/produce digital and print materials (posters, flyers, brochures) for advertising and marketing programs;
- Manage the Temple’s communications across social media channels;
- Integrate marketing and email systems into Holy Blossom Temple’s CRM system to ensure continuity of member experience;
- Liaise with external contractors (web designers, graphic designer etc.);
- Public relations management: source external media and evaluate appropriate public relations vehicles for placement of HBT related programs and developments, and maintain relationships with relevant key media contacts;
- Develop public relations communications, including press release and related copy and provide media relations counsel to appointed HBT representatives;
- Coordinate visual presence through indoor and outdoor signage;
- Provide metrics required for tracking, reporting and measuring success of targeted programs and activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic and creative individual with minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications and marketing;
- University or College certificate/diploma;
- Proven writing skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must;
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and creative;
- Ability to manage time to complete multiple tasks with critical deadlines;
- Graphic design experience an asset;
- Experience executing on Social Media marketing platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.);
- Experience executing email campaigns integrated with a CRM system (MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce);
- Experience in not-for-profit is an asset; experience in Jewish community, a strong plus;
- Knowledge of, and respect for the mission of Holy Blossom Temple and Reform Judaism.
*Communications – proven verbal and written skills. Shares ideas and present information informally in ways that positively impact others.
*Values – puts in place best practices that reflect the values of the organization. Creates an environment that reinforces trust, mutual respect and a service orientation. Models HBT’s values when dealing with individuals and organizations in the community.
*Relationships – Collaborate with and build relationships that enhance HBT’s ability to impact the community. Effectively represents each department interest while building positive, constructive relationships with others.
*Inclusion – Promotes to others the value of diversity of thought and importance of being an inclusive and welcoming organization.
*Decision Making –integrates multiple thinking processes and strategies to function effectively. Anticipate where challenges and obstacles are, and create plan and strategies accordingly.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Please indicate salary expectations with resume.
Holy Blossom Temple values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our organization.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to prepare reasonable and appropriate arrangements.
Apply, in strictest confidence to: [email protected] | No telephone calls please