This list of website links is updated frequently. They are presented in no particular order. If you know of a site that should be listed here, please let us know via email at [email protected] and we will consider it for inclusion.
- Reform Judaism and Reform Jewish Organizations
- Canadian and Local
Reform Judaism and Reform Jewish Organizations
- Union for Reform Judaism: www.urj.org
The Union provides vision, direction and leadership to Reform Jews and congregations on spiritual, ethical, social justice and management issues, offering programming support to Reform Jewish congregations and strengthening individual Jewish identity and growth.
- Reform Judaism: RJ.org
The Union for Reform Judaism’s blog page offering news and views from Reform Jews.
- The Leo Baeck Day School: www.leobaeck.ca
Leo Baeck, a Reform Jewish day school, is committed to providing academic excellence in a nurturing community.
- URJ Camp George: http://george.urjcamps.org/
URJ Camp George is a Reform Jewish summer camp in Ontario, Canada for children in grades 2 to 11. Since 1999, George has offered the best in Reform Jewish camping blended with the rich tradition of the Ontario residential camp experience.
- ARZA (Association of Reform Zionists of America): www.arza.org
- ARZA Canada: www.arzacanada.org
ARZA develops support for and strengthens the Reform movement in Israel and promotes advocacy for a Jewish, pluralistic, just and democratic society in the State of Israel.
- ARZENU: www.arzenu.org.il
ARZENU is the umbrella organization of Reform and Progressive Religious Zionists. Founded in 1980 as an ideological grouping in the WZO.
- Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion: http://huc.edu/
Prepares rabbis, cantors, leaders in Jewish education, Jewish nonprofit professionals, pastoral counselors, and scholars to apply their knowledge, commitment, vision, and expertise to strengthen and transform the Jewish community and larger world.
- Israel Religious Action Center (IRAC): www.irac.org
IRAC, the public and legal advocacy arm of the Reform Movement in Israel, uses litigation, legislation, public policy and advocacy to advances pluralism in Israeli society and defends the freedoms of conscience, faith, and religion.
- Israel Movement for Progressive Judaism (IMPJ): www.reform.org.il
Israel’s liberal Jewish religious movement.
- World Union for Progressive Judaism (WUPJ): www.wupj.org
The World Union for Progressive Judaism is the international umbrella organization of the Reform, Liberal, Progressive and Reconstructionist movements, serving 1,200 congregations with 1.8 million members in more than 45 countries.
- Canadian Council for Reform Judaism (CCRJ): http://urj.org/central/ccrj/
The Canadian Council for Reform Judaism and URJ Canada represents 25 Reform Congregations from Montreal to Vancouver with over 30,000 affiliated members.
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC): www.rac.org
As the social justice arm of the Union for Reform Judaism and the Central Conference of American Rabbis, RAC educates and mobilizes the Reform Jewish community on legislative and social concerns, advocating on more than 70 different issues, including economic justice, civil rights, religious liberty, Israel and more.
- North American Federation of Temple Youth (NFTY): www.nfty.org
NFTY is the Reform Jewish religious youth movement that fosters leadership at the national, regional and congregational level
- Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ): www.wrj.org
Women of Reform Judaism is the women’s affiliate of the Union for Reform Judaism, the central body of Reform Judaism in North America. Established in 1913, WRJ now represents more than 65,000 women in nearly 500 women’s groups in North America and around the world.
- Men of Reform Judaism (MRJ): www.menrj.org
Men of Reform Judaism (MRJ) has been organized to promote the establishment of affiliated brotherhoods and other local organized men’s groups in congregations affiliated with URJ and stimulate men’s fellowship, interest in Jewish worship, Jewish studies, tikkun olam, and service to the congregation, Jewish Community and the Community at large
Return to top
- Canadian Jewish News: www.cjnews.com
Canada’s largest weekly Jewish newspaper, The CJN is an independent community newspaper which prides itself on being a forum for diverse points of view on subjects of interest and relevance to the Jewish community.
- UJA Federation of Greater Toronto: www.jewishtoronto.com
UJA Federation’s mission is to preserve & strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world through philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership.
- Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre: http://holocaustcentre.com/
Through its museum and programs, the Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre generates knowledge and understanding about the Holocaust and serves as a forum for dialogue about civil society for present and future generations.
- The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA): www.cija.ca
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs is a non-partisan organization creating and implementing strategies to improve the quality of Jewish life in Canada and abroad, increase support for Israel, and strengthen the Canada-Israel relationship.
- Miles Nadal JCC: www.MNjcc.org
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is at the corner of Bloor and Spadina in Toronto. It is open to all regardless of race or religion.
- Prosserman JCC: www.prossermanjcc.com
The Prosserman JCC, located on UJA Federation’s Sherman Campus near Bathurst and Finch, is home to social, educational, cultural, health and wellness programs rooted in Jewish values and innovative collaboration.
Return to top
- Haaretz: www.haaretz.com
English-language website for real-time news and analysis of Israel and the Middle East.
- Jerusalem Post: www.jpost.com
English-language daily newspaper covering Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.
- Ynet News: www.ynetnews.com
Source for breaking news, current events and Jewish content from Israel and elsewhere.
- Canadian Institute for Jewish Research (CIJR): www.isranet.org
An independent, academic think-tank devoted to bringing up-to-date data on and analysis of Israel, the Middle East, and Jewish world-related issues.
- Debkafile: www.debka.com
Intelligence and security news service.
- The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI): www.memri.org
MEMRI provides timely translations of Arabic, Persian, Urdu-Pashtu, and Turkish media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends in the Middle East.
- Jewish Virtual Library: www.jewishvirtuallibrary.com
Encyclopedia of Jewish history and culture with glossary, bibliography of web sites and books, biographies, articles, original documents and more.
- Globes — Israel’s Business Arena: www.globes-online.com
The English version of Israeli business daily Globes, covering Israeli management, investment, technology, law, accounting, and marketing.
- StandWithUs: www.standwithus.com
StandWithUs is an international education organization that ensures that Israel’s side of the story is told in communities, campuses, libraries, the media and churches through brochures, speakers, conferences, missions to Israel, and thousands of pages of Internet resources
Return to top
- Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America (CAMERA): www.camera.org
CAMERA monitors, documents, reviews and archives Middle East coverage.
- HonestReporting: www.honestreporting.com
HonestReporting monitors the media, exposes cases of bias, promotes balance, effects change to ensure Israel is represented fairly and accurately and provides educational tools and resources to anyone wishing to advocate for Israel.
- Palestinian Media Watch: www.palwatch.org
An Israeli research institute that studies Palestinian society by monitoring and analyzing the Palestinian Authority through its media and schoolbooks
Return to top
- The Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI or the Sochnut): www.jafi.org
The mandated organization in charge of immigration to Israel and absorption of Jews from the Diaspora.
- Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs: www.mfa.gov.il
The Foreign Ministry represents the state of Israel vis-a-vis foreign governments and international organizations, explains its positions and problems throughout the world, endeavors to promote its economic, cultural, and scientific relations, and fosters cooperation with other countries.
- Israel Defence Forces (IDF): www.idfspokesperson.com
The military forces of the State of Israel.
- The World Zionist Organization (WZO): www.wzo.org.il
The World Zionist Organization is committed to promoting the Zionist idea and the Zionist enterprise as vital and positive elements of contemporary Jewish life, in accordance with the principles articulated in the Jerusalem Program.
Return to top
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL): www.adl.org
The ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry in the U.S. and abroad through information, education, legislation, and advocacy.
Return to top
- The Jewish Federations of North America: www.jewishfederations.org
The Jewish Federations of North America represents 157 Jewish Federations & over 300 independent Jewish communities. The Federation movement protects and enhances the well-being of Jews worldwide through the values of tikkun olam (repairing the world), t