Announcing the Sixth WRJ Northeast District Biennial Convention
The sixth Northeast District Convention is October 25-28, 2018 in Framingham MA (a suburb of Boston) at the Sheraton Hotel and Convention Centre. The theme for our convention is “Ten Years Together – Growing our Community.”
Highlights of the convention include:
- The opening plenary on Thursday night will feature Judith Rosenbaum from the Jewish Women’s Archive
- Lisa Berman from Mayyim Hayyim Living Waters Community Mikvah will be speaking at the YES Fund brunch on Friday morning.
- Torah study with Rabbi Allison Berry, co-senior rabbi of Temple Shalom in Newton, MA
- Shabbat morning services with Rabbi Berry, Cantorial Soloist Lisa Marcus Jones and the WRJ Northeast District Choir.
- The Brass Sisters, PBS cooking stars of the show “The Food Flirts”
- A musical concert by Sue Horowitz, Jewish folk singer
- Our WRJ guest, Jane Taves, WRJ Vice President of Advocacy and Marketing and Communications.
- We are very fortunate to have Marla Feldman, the WRJ Executive Director attending and leading a few workshops, including one on how to run a listening campaign.
- Our Social Action Project: Fleece “comfort blankets” for patients at the Cancer Center of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and at the Darla Farber Cancer Institute.
Any Canadians attending the convention will have the exchange rate refunded for the early bird registration, using the exchange rate for September 1, 2018. There are 10 grants for the early bird registration of $125.00.
If you would like more information, please go to the convention webpage on the District’s website: https://wrj.org/wrj-northeast-district-6th-biennial-convention. You can also reach this page by going to the homepage wrj.org/northeast. The homepage has a link to the Call to Convention.