Thursday, April 7, 2016
What are our obligations as Jews and Canadians to Syrian refugees coming to our shores and to the global refugee crisis? Come to this program to learn from and discuss with experts and activists.
- Thanaa Sarif, Syrian Born Shia-Ismaili-Muslim, married with two children, immigrated to Canada 22 years ago, currently working at Seneca College. Born to a big family, I am one of 9 siblings, 4 of them are hoping to resettle to Canada, in a town known for its secular, peace loving people but a mix of horrible circumstances and a wonderful friendship has led me to be here today.
- Professor Morton Beiser, a psychiatrist and epidemiologist known for his research in the fields of immigration and resettlement.
- Francois Dutheil, Senior Policy Advisor at Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada
- Rabbi Satz, Associate Rabbi at HBT with a focus on social justice
- Jacque Friedland will moderate the panel discussion. Jacque is the chair of the Syrian Refugee Task Force