In splansky

Update: Friday, February 13, 2015

Yael and I would like to thank everyone for all your good wishes and prayers. Her surgery went very well, and she is now at home, resting comfortably.

Shabbat shalom.
Adam Sol

The outpouring of online comments is truly appreciated. Please continue to participate with the community below and scroll down the page to leave your comment…
[toggle title=”To read Rabbi Splansky’s Reflection from January 28, 2015, please click here…”]

By Rabbi Yael Splansky
January 28, 2015

Resilience is a distinct kind of strength. It has something to do with the ability to cope when hardship comes along, as it inevitably does. For example, we want to raise our children to be resilient, to develop coping mechanisms to confront the challenges of life as they grow.

Jewish resilience is a distinct kind of resilience. It has to do with time. When the Jewish People is faced with adversity, our greatest evidence that we can endure it is the past and our greatest motivator to endure it is the future. We can carry on because generations before us have proven that we can; we must carry on because future generations depend on it. This is a kind of faith that even the most unattached Jew carries with him wherever he goes. It’s a faith that resides, not in the neshama (the soul), but in the kishkes (the gut).

Launch Week

Born in 1856, Holy Blossom Temple has proven to be a resilient congregation. Through waves of Jewish immigration, two world wars and economic depression; through shifts in identity — from Orthodox to Reform; and shifts in geography — four sites and multiple constructions projects; through all this, Toronto’s first synagogue has not only adapted and endured, but flourished and played a leading role in our city and beyond. Such resilience is thanks to strong leadership, loyalty, faith, a little mazel, too.

And now we have arrived! Today we are writing our next chapter in the book of Holy Blossom Temple. It is both good and great; another testimony to our resilience. Let’s celebrate this moment together. Add your handprint to the community mural, which will become the decorative fence around our construction project. Let Torontonians drive by and see that every one of us is extending a hand to prepare Holy Blossom Temple for the future.

Something Personal

What is true for the Jewish People is often true for the individual Jew. When one of us is confronted by challenge, we also tap into the stores of strength from the past; we also are motivated by the future yet to be enjoyed. This has always been true for me and especially now.

I am sorry to share with you that I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I will be having surgery on Thursday, February 5th. I am confident that I am in very good hands and that all will go well for me. I will, however, need to take a few weeks away from my work.

Throughout my rabbinate I have taken inspiration from many dear congregants who have gone from sickness to health with courage, grace, and faith. In the spirit of openness and with trust in our remarkable synagogue community, I share this news with you now. Knowing that my family and I have the strength of the congregation behind us makes all the difference.

I appreciate your prayers and good wishes. Forgive me if I am not able to return your thoughtful messages of support, but know that they are received with sincere gratitude.

I ask that you please make an extra effort to support my colleagues and our lay leadership at this time. As you know, they are tremendously devoted to the congregation; they will certainly rise to the occasion to make sure all goes smoothly in my absence. Your encouragement and regular presence on Shabbat and at upcoming programs, including our much-anticipated “All Congregation Renewal Celebration” will be very important. This is such an exciting time in the life of Holy Blossom Temple. The good momentum and the good will we have cultivated point the way to a very bright future.

May God grant us our innermost hearts’ desires, and bring to fulfillment our worthy commitments. Then we will rejoice in Your deliverance and raise our banners high in the name of the Eternal God. (Psalm 20: 5-6)

L’Shalom,
Rabbi Yael Splansky

To leave good wishes or to share a motivational story of resilience, please comment below.

re·sil·ience noun \ri-ˈzil-yən(t)s\

: the ability to become strong, healthy, or successful again after something bad happens
: the ability of something to maintain its functionality after it has been pulled, stretched, pressed, bent, etc.

[/toggle]
[toggle title=”To read the message from the Board, clergy and staff, please click here…”]

A message from the Board, clergy, and staff

We know we speak for the entire Congregation in wishing Rabbi Splansky and her family a refuah shlemah and the strength to meet the challenges of this difficult period.  All of us will be present to ensure the sacred work of our Congregation continues smoothly. We all rely on the support our community provides one another.

The love and support of this kehillah kedosha are of inestimable value to Rabbi Splansky.

Joan Garson, President
Russ Joseph, Executive Director
Cantor Beny Maissner
Cantorial Soloist Lindi Rivers
Rabbi Michael Satz
Rabbi Jordan Helfman

[/toggle]
Recent Posts
Showing 278 comments
  • (Ms.) Margaret Green

TO: Rabbi Yael Splansky
    I shall send a personal note to you, and mail it to Holy Blossom Temple.
    As we say in Jamaica, “Walk good.”

Margaret Green

• Pavle Levkovic

Rabbi, wishing you a quick recovery and strength in the healing process.

• Rosalie Sussman

Was so pleased to learn your surgery went well. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.
    Fond regards,
    Rosalie Sussman

• Jan and Robert Simonsky

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Know that all the times you’ve helped us through trying moments in need of
    comfort, all come back to you with great warmth and love.
    We wish you continued healing and strength that you may come back to us soon.
    With affection,
    Jan Robert Dean and Natalie

• Deborah Colman

Dear Rabbi Splansky, Relieved to hear that your surgery went well. Continuing to send you my love and prayers as you heal well.

• Rhonda Rovan

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    We send you best wishes for an easy recovery and are thinking of you. Rhonda Rovan and Howard Rosenberg

• Rachel & Harvin Pitch

Dear Rabbi Splansky: Our best wishes for a speedy recovery and quick return to everyday life. Rachel & Harvin Pitch

• Barbara Weisfeld

Rabbi Splansky, I am glad everything went well. You certainly were in good hands and I wish you an easy recovery. Shabbat Shalom.

• Jeff Sol

Dear Yael,
    I’m glad that everything went well and your prognosis looks great.
    You are hereby invited to continue your recuperation in Hawaii.
    Aloha,
    Jeff

• Helen & Joe Feldmann

Wishing you a strong and speedy recovery. Delighted to hear you are back home with your family.
    Our warmest wishes,
    Helen & Joe Feldmann

• Ellen Sue and David Mesbur

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    We wish you a complete recovery and send you our warmest wishes as you recuperate. You give so much of yourself to others and hope that the Holy Blossom family’s support and love will contribute to your recuperation.
    Ellen Sue and David Mesbur

• Elaine and Joel Abrams

wishing you a speedy recovery our thoughts are with you.

• jill

Thinking of you and your family – Glad everything went well, the girls and I are wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Barbara Thal-Hodes

Dear Rabbi Yael,

Bob and I are overjoyed that your operation was successful and that you are resting at home. Please take all the time you need to recover your health and strength; we are praying for you.
    Warmest wishes to you, Adam and your sons.

• Helen & Edward Sheffman

We are happy that your surgery is behind you and we are praying and wishing for your complete recovery.

• Tamara and Gary Fine

We’re glad the surgery went well, and wish you a speedy recovery.

• Gail Berman

One can never overdo good wishes for a person’s recovery from an illness or injury. I shall continue to pray for the speedy recovery of Rabbi Splansky. Rabbi Splansky, get well soon, and be well!

With much warmth and hope,
    Gail Berman and Mother, Susan Berman

• Martin Sterling

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    I was so pleased to hear the surgery went well!You have been
    a tower of strength for us all. My thoughts and prayers are with you
    and the family.

• Ann Rosenfield

Glad to hear promising news. continue to take your time to heal and we look forward to seeing you back when the time is right.

I do have a Cincinnati chili recipe if the urge strikes you…

All best to you
    Ann Rosenfield

• Alice and Ron Charach

Thank you, Adam, for allowing us congregants to breathe easier. May our cherished spiritual leader at Holy Blossom have a full recovery and may she use her great wisdom to pace her return to the responsibilities of this most demanding of callings.

• Leslie and Mel Springman

We are so glad your surgery is behind you, and before you, we pray, is a complete and rapid recovery. Thinking of you, and hoping that the joy you bring to others will be brought to you.
    Leslie and Mel Springman

• Ruth Ellen and Sheldon Greenwood

Thank you so much for the update, Adam. We are very happy to hear that Yael is doing well. Shelly and I will continue sending strength and good thoughts to all your family. Yael, we pray that your recovery will go quickly and smoothly, and we will soon have you back in our midst. Rest and recuperate knowing that our love and support continue for you, Adam and your boys.
    Ruth Ellen and Shelly

• Judy and Richard Toker and Family

Dear Adam, Thank you so much for much for sharing this welcome update
    about our (and your!) beloved Rabbi Splansky.
    We continue to hold your whole family in our thoughts and prayers.
    Shabbat Shalom, Judy + Richard Toker and Family

• Joan and Brian Mirsky

You are on our minds and in our hearts! We hope this is a time of rest and healing and send you our very best wishes.

• Barry and joy gal

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery,joy and Barry gales

• Cathi Borsook and John Freedman

Wonderful to hear the surgery went well. We are thinking of you.
    Fondly, Cathi and John

• Gary and Jill Morrow

You have been a pillar of strength for our community and congregation. May this strenth and your positive approach to life help you heal from your surgery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we wish you a complete and speedy recovery.

• Esther and Mel Bergman

Dear Yael,
    Mel and I wish you only the best in your recovery. You are truly an inspiration to everyone in the way you approach all aspects of life with its joys and challenges. You emanate such a warmth and kindness towards all of us. We hope that you feel our prayers surrounding and supporting you as you heal. Esther and Mel Bergman

• Mona Sherman

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    When we are overcome with obstacles that life gives us, we step back and inhale the fresh breath for what feels like an eternity and take stock of our lives. The day stands still for the moment and we look at those around us, the ones that are in our hearts and pray that they shall be safe for another moment, another hour, another day. Your strength has nurtured and guided many through every troubled and difficult time. Please know that at this time, all those around you hold you close to their hearts.
    With much love and respect,
    Mona Lynn Sherman

• Paula and Alan Warren

We are delighted to hear that the surgery went well. We wish you a speedy recovery and good health.
    Best Wishes
    Paula and Alan Warren

• Millie and Sheldon Goldstein

Dear Rabbi Splansky,

Sheldon and I are pleased to know that your surgery went well.
    We wish you a full and speedy recovery.
    You have been in our thoughts. Shabbat Shalom.

Millie and Sheldon Goldstein

• Anne Dublin

Rabbi Splansky, I send you my prayers and warm wishes as you continue your journey back to health. G-d willing, you will soon be back with us to impart your wisdom, your knowledge, and your unfailing compassion.

• Bonnie Croll & Robert Henry

Rabbi, like so many others, we were relieved to read Adam’s message. We send our sincere wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. With great affection, Bonnie Croll and Robbie Henry

• Zita Gardner

Dear Yael and Adam:

Thank you for sharing this difficult time with us. Your openess and courage are a lesson for me in how to deal with life’s challenges! My love and best wishes for a return to good health and for continuing the wonderful work that you both do.

Zita

• Susan Baskin and Family

Thank you for the update. We are so relieved to hear that the surgery went well, and pray that whatever lies ahead will be smooth. Best wishes from all of us for a full and speedy r’fuah sh’layma.

• Caroline Ingvaldsen

Warmest best wishes for a complete and speedy refuah shleimah.

• Carolyn and Larry Satz

Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a complete and speedy recovery. Shabbat Shalom.

• Florence Hertzman

Rabbi Splansky–having read Adam’s comment that your surgery went well, I am relieved and sincerely hope and pray for your continued recovery and many good years of good Health.
    Your presence and actions in the Temple are so exemplary, your ‘punim’ a joy to behold.. may you continue blossoming.
    I extend heartfelt good wishes to your family–
    Most sincerely, it’s Florence Hertzman

• geri durbin

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Geri and Norm Durbin

• Florence Hertzman

Rabbi Splansky–So glad to hear from Adam that your surgery went well..

• Pnina Margolese

So pleased to hear that your surgery went well and that you are resting comfortably at home and are able to enjoy Shabbat with your family. You are ever in my thoughts and prayers. Shabbat Shalom. Pnina

• Linda Wolfe

Thank you so much for the update. Glad to hear that things went well.
    Shabbat Shalom! Sending all good thoughts. Fondly, Linda

• Sheila Zane

My warmest wishes for a speedy & complete recovery
    Sheila Zane

• Gail & Butch Atkins

Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery. You are a special family.
    Fondly,
    Gail & Butch

• Gail Berma

I am very pleased to learn that Rabbi Splansky came through the surgery very well, and is now resting and recuperating at home. I have prayed for her, and will continue to do so. May she be healthy and remain healthy. Be well, Rabbi Splansky!

Gail B.

• Pauline Morrow

With my best wishes for a full,and speedy recovery
    Pauline Morrow

• Ellen B. Levine

So glad to hear the news. I hope that your recovery continues to go well and you are back at shul very soon. Miss you!
    Warmly,
    Ellen

• Eleanor and Peter Loebel

Adam,It was so thoughtful of you to write and tell us how things are.
    A hug to our Rabbi.
    You know we are all rooting for you .
    Ellie and Peter Loebel

• Joan and Ray Moses

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    What a relief to hear from Adam today that you are recovering well from surgery and are able to celebrate Shabbat at home tonight with your family. I am so glad we had that little chat at the renewal celebration and that the prayers and good wishes coming your way are truly helping you as I knew they would. You are a remarkable and dearly loved person. May you have many more years with all of us. Fondly, Joan and Ray Moses

• Francie and Martin Storm

Thank you Adam for your update.
      Being away from Toronto, I have been waiting and wondering how the surgery went.
      That is wonderful news.
      Hoping for a full recovery.
      Francie Storm

• Denise Gordon

Adam,
    Thank you for the timely update on your beloved’s progress. All the best to Yael for a complete recovery and to your family for an equisite shabbat. There is no place like home!
    Best always,
    Denise Gordon, Dennis Chow, & Jonathan and Chloe Gordon-Chow

• Jason Stein

Dear Rabbi Splansky,

I am delighted to hear that your surgery was successful and that you are now resting at home! I wish you many, many more years of good health. May you continue to thrive both professionally and personally! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jason Stein

• Elaine Socol

So pleased to know you came through your surgery well. Prayers and good wishes for an uneventful speedy recovery. Elaine Socol, Fullerton, California.

• sheila arkin

My very best wishes for an untroubled and full recovery.

Sheila Arkin

• mrs. lilian schacter

Dear Yael,
    I was so glad to learn that the surgery went well and
    you are now recovering at home.
    My heart and thoughts are with you on this journey
    Fondly, Lilian Schacter

• Brenda Baskind

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Glad to hear your surgery went well and that you are home resting.
    We hope to see you back at Temple soon and in good health.
    With all our prayers and good wishes from friends and family..you are in good hands.
    Take care.Brenda

• Carol & Robert Collin & family

Dear Rabbi Splansky:-

We join our voices to those of so many well-wishers to hope that you have a full and complete recovery and that you will be back to lead us just as soon as you can. We also wish your family strength as they help nurse you back to health.

• Brenda Baskind

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    Happy to know that your surgery went well and that you are home resting.
    Having been where you are now, I know how you are feeling. Just keep your positive attitude and know that friends and family are there for you with all our prayers.
    Hope to see you back at Temple sooner than later.
    Take Care,
    Brenda

• Maxanne Ezer

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    As a survivor of two bouts of breast cancer twenty years ago, my heart goes out to you at this time. I know that the thoughts and prayers of your congregation and all those whose lives you have touched will help you and your family on this journey back to good health and long life.
    Maxanne Ezer

• Judith Wiley

So glad to hear the news Adam; thank you for the update. Yael and your family will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

• Lauren Malach and David Sax

Dear Rabbi Splansky,

Our whole family stands behind you sharing our strength, prayers and positive energy.
    Wishing you a speedy refuat ha-goof be refuat ha nefesh.

• Sharon stein

Wishing you speedy recovery and refuh shelayam.

• Manny Amaral

On behalf of the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre our thoughts and prayers are with you and our wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Gay and Gerry Lokash

Dear Rabbi Splansky;
    We are so happy to hear that your surgery went well and you are at home on your way to a speedy recovery. With our very best wishes and fondest regards, Gay and Gerry.

• Adam Breslin and Erika Rubin

Our whole family is happy to hear your surgery went well and that you’re now at home. There’s nothing that makes you appreciate your home like getting back to it after being in the hospital!

Hopefully in the not too distant future this will be another event over which you have triumphed and that serves as another source of strength and resilience for the future. We wish you a speedy recovery and full recovery.

• Susan and David Speigel

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    We send you hugs and positive energy with our best
    wishes to heal quickly and fully. We hope that you will
    be as patient and caring for yourself as you would be for
    others.
    With love, admiration and utmost respect,
    Susan and David

• Marlene and Stanley Stein

Dear Rabbi
    Wonderful news that your surgery went well and is now behind you. We wish you a speedy and complete recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Marlene and Stan Stein

• Terrye & Jack Kuper

Dear Rabbi Splansky:
    You have been away for only a short time and already we miss you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health together with your lovely family.
    Terrye & Jack Kuper.

• Jane Herman

So relieved to receive this good news. May you continue on the path to a refuah shleimah with strength and fortitude. You remain close to our hearts and in our prayers.
    Jane and Rob Herman

• Barbara and Howard Alter

Dear Rabbi Splansky ,
    We wish you a speedy recovery and good health in the future. The day you officiated at our Daughter Ellie’s marriage to Adam Slavens was so meaningful , especially because of your contribution to the day. It could not have been more special . Hugs and kisses from the Alter / Slavens Families. Get well soon!!

• Jen and jay brown

Sending you good thoughts,prayers and positivity to you and your family.

• Stephen Pustil

Dear Rabbi Splansky, our hearts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and good health.
    Suzie and Steve Pustil

• George and Susan. cohon

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.Speedy recovery Susan and George Cohon

• Elaine and Marv Givertz

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    It’s great to hear you are home and recovering from surgery. We hope everything goes smoothly and that you will have a good recovery and be back with your Temple family soon.
    Sincerely,
    Elaine and Marv Givertz

• George and Susan. cohon

Our thoughts and prayers are with you .Speedy recovery. susan and George Cohon

• erin claman

Rabbi Splansky, What a wonderful note to receive on Shabbat from Adam. You have ben and will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers. Please God, a refuah shelema and that you will be back with us soon! Take it easy and keep strong!

• Liz and Reuben Bromstein

Best Wishes for your speedy and complete recovedry. Liz an Reuben

• Robert and Marlene Ruderman

We are so happy to learn that your surgery went well, and that you are home to enjoy Shabbat with Adam and the boys! We trust that your recovery will be equally successful. Shabbat Shalom!
    Robert and Marlene Ruderman.

• Fran and Murray Ellis

So glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. May the days and years ahead be filled only with good health and happiness for you and your loved ones.
    Warm wishes
    Fran and Muray

• Rick, Ellen, Josh, Jennie and. Rebecca Howard

Dear Yael,
    We were relieved to hear that your surgery went well and are so appreciative that Adam took the time to let the congregation know. Your image as a highly respected leader and inspirational figure has only been enhanced by the bravery, openness and dignity you have demonstrated throughout. Please take as much time to rest as you need. We wish you a speedy recovery.

• Karen and Bob Willinsky and Family

Rabbi Splansky, The Willinsky family sends warm thoughts your way for a smooth and speedy recovery. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

• Annie & Michael Appleby

Dear Rabbi Splansky, we are happy to know that your surgery went well and that you are resting at home We wish you a speedy recovery. Enjoy Shabbath with your family,
    Love Annie and Michael Appleby and family

• Elliott Jacobson and Judy Malkin

This is wonderful news..we can,at least a little bit,stop holding our breath. We wish you all the best and that your recovery is uneventful.

Elliott Jacobson and Judy Malkin

• Lili & Michael Shain

A full and speedy recovery.

• Arlene Gould

Dear Rabbi Splansky,

Our thoughts are with you and your family. We wish you all the best.

Take care,

Arlene Gould & Robert Cushman

• Joi Cole

Mazel tov Rabbi. Soooo glad to hear that your surgery went well. Now we will pray for a quick recovery. Looking forward to seeing your smile at Holy Blossom soon. All the very best for you and your family. Joi Cole.

• Dr. Franklin Pulver & Dr. Annalee Cohen

Dear Rabbi Splansky & Family:
    WE are glad to hear that your surgery went well!!! We are thinking of you and now wish you a speedy and easy recovery!!!!
    Our best personal regards!
    Frank Pulver & Annalee Cohen

• Arlene Perly Rae and Bob Rae

We wish you all the best – a quick recovery and many many decades of good health and happiness to follow. Arlene and Bob

We are so pleased to hear that the surgery went well. Take the time to heal. Thinking of you.

Lorie and Lorne

• Alberto Quiroz

Adam:
    Thank you for letting us know, we continue to pray for her speedy recovery.

• Pam and Greg Hamovitch

Glad to hear that all went well. We are sending our warmest wishes to you for a full and speedy recovery.

• Barry and Susan Borden

Dear Yael,
    You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. We wish you strength and health, and send our love and support.
    Shabbat shalom to you, Adam and the boys,
    Susan and Barry

• Judy and Henry Lotin

Dear Rabbi Splansky and family:
    You have been the pillar of strength for our congregational family, and we hope that together we can provide the support that you and your family family need at this time and always. We wish you a refuah shlemah and pray for a complete healing of body and spirit. Please take the time to get better, and we look forward to your speedy return.
    Judy and Henry Lotin

• Cynthia Good & Dan Aronchick

Thank you for updating us. We think about you constantly and send prayers your way. May Shabbat give you comfort.
    All the best to your entire family,
    Cynthia & Dan

• Eva Ormut-Fleishman

Dear Yael,
    We’re so happy that your surgery went well. From strength to strength!
    Fondly,
    Eva & Philip

• Lesley & Allan Offman

Rabbi, we are so happy to read that your surgery is over and you are now at home with your family. One big step behind you. Wishing you a very quick recovery.

• Cheryl Sylvester

Dear Rabbi Splansky,

So glad to read Adam’s update this am and know you are home and recovering now. You remain in my heart, thoughts and prayers for a refuah shleima. Sending love to you — and to Adam, Avishai, Eli and Jesse.
    Cheryl & Robert, Aaron & Nathan

• Norma and George Steiner

Having just learned of this, we too want to join the army of those who wish you a speedy and successful recovery. Although we may be late in doing so, our wishes are no less sincere.

• Alexandra Charendoff

You are in our thoughts and our hearts and we wish you nothing but the speediest recovery. We need that big bright smile back at temple ASAP!

Love,

Alexandra and Jordanna Charendoff

• Bryan Charendoff

Yael, I am so happy to ready Adam’s update this morning! I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery! My daughters have it right – the Temple needs your wide bright smile!!

• Judith Priwes

Yael, wishing a speedy recovery. You have been and will continue to be in our prayers.

Judy & Uri Priwes

• Cynthia Rivers Nathanson

Glad to hear the surgery went well. My thoughts and good wishes are with you at this time.

• Sharon Tarshis

Rabbi Splansky:
    Sending positive thoughts and best wishes.
    Sharon & Lorne Tarshis

• Silvia Derasner

Thanks for sharing the good news about surgery, B’H. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Shabbat shalom

• Debra Bennett

XO

• Mimi Hollenberg

Dear Rabbi Splansky.
    My thoughts are with you at this time. You have been so supportive of so many of us. Now it,s our turn! Mimi Hollenberg

• Elise Cachia

Glad you are getting better. Wishing you lots of good health and Happiness! Be strong! Elise

• Bonnie Goldberg & Adam Abramson, Arly & Remy

Rabbi Splansky – We are delighted to hear you are now home resting comfortably. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery. A dear friend recently mentioned that your visit to him at home meant so much to him. We hope our messages comfort you the same way.

• Margaret Green

Dear Senior Rabbi
    I read all the previous entries before I wrote mine – one lady mentioned a church, and I was not too uncomfortable in the knowledge that I cannot yet write a Hebrew greeting to you; I AM learning. As I learn, the synagogue in Jamaica now has a rabbi, and a growing congregation. May God be with you in this time of illness and of healing. You have brought such personal strength to me in your welcoming to Holy
    Blossom Temple; may this strength be with you.
    Margaret Green

• Ari Burkes & Rosalie Abate-Burkes

Rabbi, Rosalie & I have you and your entire family in our thoughts and our prayers. I hope that the surgery went well, and that you enjoy a refuah shelemah. I am sure that you’ll be back with the congregation soon, and we eagerly anticipate that day.

• Michael and Josephine Cole

Dear Yael,

We have been thinking about you during the past couple of weeks, and especially today. We trust that your surgery went well, that you have a complete and speedy recovery, and that you will back studying Torah with us very soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Josephine and Michael

• Etienne and Aubrey Kaplan

Our thoughts our with you and we wish you a speedy recovery.

• Harold Smith

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Lynne and I wish you a full and speedy recovery. We hope you will soon return in full health to your active life among friends, family and Holy Blossom.

• Arthur and Freda Ariella Muscovitch

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    As always you express yourself with grace, and dignity. We have just returned from Israel, and have been greeted by a new born grandson. You shall be missed. If anyone can overcome and heal, you can.
    We look forward to seeing you in our Congregation.
    Arthur and Freda Ariella Muscovitch and family

• Judith Plaut

Thinking of you at this difficult time.
    Looking forward to seeing you soon
    Judith

• Ian, Fern, Leo, and Cole

Dear Rabbi Splansky. We wish you a very speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You are a very special part of our community. We look forward to seeing you back soon

• Jeffrey Freedman & Robyn Blatt

Rabbi,
    Our family wishes you a complete and speedy recover. We have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Refuha shalemah. Jeff & Robyn

• Martin and Zulema Leibovici

Dear Yael we wish you a quick and easy recovery hoping to see you soon at the
    services. Refuah shleima

• Staci Berkson

Yael, Craig and I are thinking of you and sending you best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Lots of love to you and your whole family!

• Paul Sidlofsky

Yael,
    Wendy and I join the many others whose lives you have touched, in wishing you a r’fuah shleima. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Adam and your family.
    Paul

• Joan tucker

Dear Rabbi, I remember us speaking at my bedside about healing and the power of prayer. I know you will feel this community praying with you as you face this hurdle. We are all with you, asking for a full and speedy recovery.
    refusal Shlemah, Joan and family

• Janice Kerkkamp

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    I will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow as you have your surgery. Last Sunday I added your name to our intercessions list at church, so the good people of St. Thomas’s Anglican Church prayed for you. May the surgery be successful and your recovery complete.
    With best wishes,
    Janice

• Herb and Joy Wolfson

Dear Rabbi,
    You are in our thoughts and in our prayers. We wish you strength and courage and most of all, a complete and speedy recovery.

• Stewart Cramer

Rabbi Splansky,
    Our family wishes you a speedy and full recovery Refuah Shelayma!
    Stewart Cramer, Raquel Adelstein, Megan, Joshua and Isaac

• kathy green

Dear Yael,
    We wish with all our hearts for refuah sheleima after the surgery tomorrow and for strength for Adam and the boys.
    Love,
    Kathy & Maurice

• Ira Schweitzer

Yael,
    Many a night we would spend at camp solving the problems of continuity for our maturing Jewish community. Your excitement for helping others grow Jewishly was always present and was clearly evident as you were appointed senior rabbi, charged with bringing that excitement at a large synagogue community.

Even in your time of personal need, you maintain the strength to encourage others. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. May you be able to return to your love of teaching and guiding very soon.

Fondly,
    Dr. Ira Schweitzer

• Sami and James Cooper

We wish you the best Yael..we all need you…love. the Cooper’s

• Mike Birenbaum

Yael,

I wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and sending you loving and healing thoughts your way. You always bring light to the room and I know you have many more great things to do. You obviously have a lot of people who hold you in great regard. From this GUCI alum, I wish you a speedy recovery and long life. Love, Mike

• Lesley and Allan Offman

Dear Rabbi,
    It is inspiring that you have chosen to share your recent diagnosis and forthcoming surgery with your congregation. The love, support and prayers of your wonderful family, friends, peers and Holy Blossom family, will be a huge source of comfort and healing. We wish you strength, courage, a quick recovery and peace of mind.
    With affection,
    Lesley &Allan

• Harvey and Sylvia Naftolin

Dear Rabbi Splansky,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this challenging time for you and your family.

• Jane and Frank Tizel

Dear Yael,

In last week’s Haftorah portion we learned about another Yael .She showed great strength when faced with her difficult situation. Frank and I wish you that same strength in fighting your present battle.
    You and your family are in our prayers.

Warmly,
    Janie

• Andrea Brodey and Avy Oaknine

We wish you the best for a speedy recovery and peaceful time to heal with your family. You have had such a busy year, and now is the time to focus on you.

• Bryan Charendoff

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

• Maureen and David Tartick

Our prayers are with you…

• Lou and Shelly Dale

We wish you all the best on your surgery and a very speedy and easy recovery!
    The Temple community will miss you very much.
    Lou and Shel

• Lawrence Sax

Cancer is a word not a sentence.I wish you a healthy recovery.
    Larry

• Jo Ann Hoffman

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    I am sorry to learn of your need for your coming surgery. You know by thoughts
    on subject of resilience. Now is your time to practise what you preach,I say this
    with humor. Take care of yourself and all will be well.

Love,
    Jo Ann

• Lauren Zeilig

Yael,
    As a regular attendee at your Torah study sessions I want to add my wishes for your full recovery so that I can continue to benefit from your enlightened leadership and teaching skills.

• Andrei Horvath and Charleen Glaun

Dear Yael,
    Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. B’Ezrat Hashem we will see you back soon.
    Andrei and Charleen

• Mimi Kronby

Dear Rabbi,

May your faith, positive attitude and courage help speed your recovery and full healing.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.ronby

Mimi and Malcolm K

• Ida Tugg

I am so sorry to learn about your diagnosis and hardship.
    Your words of Jewish resilience have touched me profoundly .
    You are an outstanding role model for the congregation and we are fortunate to have you in our lives.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and may things go well for you.
    Ida Tugg

• Faye Librach

Your support has helped us during difficult times. It’s our turn to support you through this. May you have a good recovery and draw strength from all who love you.
    Faye Librach

• Howard and Nancy Adelman

Nancy and I pray for you and cry to the Lord, as Moses and Aaron did for their sister, “O God, please heal her – please.” ‘El n’a ref’a n’a lah.

יג. וַיִּצְעַק משֶׁה אֶל יְהֹוָה לֵאמֹר אֵל נָא רְפָא נָא לָהּ:

Nancy and Howard Adelman

• Shelley Greene and Joel Kirsh

You are absolutely in our thoughts and prayers for complete recovery to good health.

Shelley and Joel

• Lyn Feldman and Bob Klotz

Dear Yael,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Just as the congregation has shared in your simchas so too, will the congregation be here to support you, Adam, and your children during this difficult time. Thank you for your openess and, as always, leading us with such grace and intelligence. Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.
    Lyn Feldman and Bob Klotz

• Peter Dan

Dear Yael
    We wish you a speedy and complete recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Dan Family

• Ellen B. Levine

Thinking of you, Rabbi Splansky. I know you will meet this with grit and grace. Looking forward to seeing you back soon.
    Very warm wishes,
    Ellen

• Phyllis and Manny Spivak

Dear Yael,
    Thank you for sharing your personal health challenge with us. We truly love you, not only, as our Rabbi, but, our friend! With our everlasting support, we pray for your complete and speedy recovery!

• Francie and Martin Storm

Dear Rabbi
    We were very sad to read of your recent diagnosis.
    We wish you a full and speedy recovery and look forward to having back with us at HBT real soon.
    Warmest regards
    Francie and Marty

• Phyllis Wintraub

Yael: Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family until
    we know that you are well again.

There are many in the congregation who have faced what you are facing (including myself.) Any of us would be happy to share what we have learned as we went on this scary journey–you just need to ask and we will be there for you, Adam and the boys.

My best advice–this is the time to be incredibly pro-active, do your research, ask a million questions. If you have doubts,get second and even third opinions from professionals and from your peers . And….pray. With love, Phyllis.

• Judy and Carl ritchie

We were saddened by the news You are very special. Our thoughts and good wishes go to you and your family.for a speedy and complete recovery.
    Judy and Carl

• Ellen and Alan Levine

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    We wish you a full recovery and look forward to seeing you back in action at Holy B very soon. You are truly inspirational.

• Joan Tator and Brian Mirsky

You give so much of yourself and now it is your turn to receive…all of our positive thoughts and prayers for you!

• Tal Rozenfeld

Yael
    Refuah shlemah, speedy and complete recovery.

• Elaine Socol

Wishing you a successful surgery and a complete and speedy recovery. It’s obvious that your HBT community is praying for you as one. You are obviously loved and in everyone’s thoughts. Elaine Socol from Fullerton,California (Niece of one of your congregants, I grew up at HBT)

• Karen and Avi Markus

Dear Yael,

We are thinking about you and your family during this time. We wish you strength and a full and rapid recovery. You are in our prayers. Shabbat Shalom.

• Roslyn Avery

Dear Rabbi,
    I know that your courage, fortitude and faith will carry you through this difficult time. May you have a swift and successful recovery.

• Andrei Horvath and Charleen Glaun

Andrei and I will be thinking of you and only wish you well. I am a newcomer to Holy Blossom and always find you so approachable and warm. Look forward to your return – Be-Ezrat Hashem.

• Carol Kassel

Dear Rabbi
    My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
    With warmest wishes,
    Carol

• Elke and Melville Olsberg

Dearest Rabbi Yael:

Elke had her breast cancer operation last year and the result was good. We hope and pray that your operation and the results will equal Elke’s.
    Wishing you a refua sheleima.
    Elke and melville.

• Gail and Gary

You and your family are in our prayers and thoughts. May you be blessed with a speedy and complete recovery.
    Gail & Gary

z

• Susan Goldman

Dear Yael,

Wishing you a successful and easy surgery. I know it will all be fine.

Sending love and support and healing prayers.

Love, Sue, jeff, Bea, Isi, Carolyn and Elmer

• Jackie and Saul Koblin

You were of immeasurable comfort to us in our great time of need.We wish you speedy healing and recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Jackie and Saul Koblin

• Zelda and Jeffrey Farber

Our thoughts and prays are with you and your family.May you have a complete and speedy recovery.Zelda and Jeff Farber

• Staci and Craig Berkson

Wishing you and your family strength to weather the storm, and sending you lots of love and hugs and hopes for a speedy recovery.

• Julia & Michael Sax

Rabbi Splansky, we wish you a full and complete recovery. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
    Julia & Michael Sax

• Tj Feldman-Halpern

You will go from strength to strength and from darkness to light. May you have refuah shlemah and a speedy recovery. My husband and I will be among the many who think of you as we say Mi Shebeirach! Be well my friend, BE WELL!
    בישלומ

• Yoshi Zweiback

May you know a speedy recovery – רפואה שלימה!

• Andrea and Brett Goldstein

Dear Yael,
    Brett and I are thinking of you and keeping you on our prayers for a refuah shleima. You and your family are in our hearts.
    With much love and wishes for continued shope and strength,
    Andrea and Brett Goldstein

• Rob, Justina, Jory & Jessica Block

Yael

We wish you a speedy recovery. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
    We do not get to see you very often but we want you to know that you are a very special person who has given so much to so many. Rob, Justina, Jory & Jessica

• Sharon Sobel

Dear Yael,
    You have approached this with grace, dignity and strength. Truly, you are an inspirational leader for your community during this time of personal challenge in your life. I wish you a complete and speedy r’fu’ah shleimah. May you find strength in the loving embrace and nurturing arms of your family, friends and community. You, Adam and your family are in my thoughts!
    In friendship,
    Sharon Sobel

• beth schwartz

Sending you healing energy and warm hugs.

• Andrew Busch

so sorry to hear, but inspired by your approach to this news. All the best to a refua shelama

• Barak Hermann

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    You are in out prayers.

• Meg and Josh Bennett

Dear Yael,
    Thinking of you and your family at this challenging time. You are and have always been such a strong woman, I know you will be well on your way to a complete recovery in no time. Sending white light and lots of love and prayers your way.

Love,
    Meg & Josh

• David and Rachel Brown

Rabbi Splansky, we wish you refuah shlemah.

• Rebecca Davis

Dear Yael–you were my counselor in Cabin 9 at GUCI in 1991. I’ve been meaning to be in touch since I learned of your wonderful work at a Holy Blossom. You are in my thoughts, and I send my heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery. With love,
    Becky Davis

• Sherry Cantar

May our thoughts and prayers give you the strength and love you need to heal.
    Refuah sheleima,
    Sherry Cantar, Jeff Freedman and Ruby and Jonah

• Pia Stadiem

Don’t know if you remember me from your student rabbi days. I have been an oncology nurse for the last 16 years and now live outside of Richmond. Sending you warm wishes as you go through your journey.

• Janice Abecassis

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Yael. I’ll be thinking of you and your family.

• Shawna Cass Cogan and family

Dear Yael,
    You are very special person in our family. You are a wonderfully strong and determined woman, whom I believe will tackle and beat this challenge the same way you have tackled everything else in your life: with grace, dignity and strength. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
    Refuah Shelama

• Jill Hertzman

Dear Yael,
    How beautifully you frame this challenging moment. You are so loved and admired — there will be many, many prayers for your complete recovery and good health. I wish you, Adam, and your family strength, and we’ll do our best here at Temple while you are away. Just as you have always taught and shown us.
    with love, Jill

• Rabbi Irwin Zeplowitz

Dear Yael,
    The Kotzker Rebbe taught, “The only whole heart is the broken heart.” His student, Simcha Bunem asked, “So how does God heal? God takes the sadness and leaves the brokenness.” Even when you feel thrown against the “breakers” may you have healing – and may the Holy One take from you all sadness, trepidation and fear. May you be strong in the broken places – surrounded by the love of family, friends and a far-reaching community who cares for you (myself among them). רפואת הנפש ורפואת הגוף.

• Lori Gershon

Yael, A chorus of prayers is ascending on high, for you and your family, for strength and patience and courage and refush shleimah.

(Studies show, as does our family’s personal experience, that those who are the subjects of prayer recover better and faster and stay well longer than those who do not receive the benefits of prayer.) May our Creator grant you a long, happy and resilient life.

• Marsha & Harry Glicksman

We wish you a safe and speedy passage through these turbulent waters.

• Lynn and Ricky Burton

Rabbi Splansky–you have been added to our prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

• Sari Goldman

Dear Rabbi, you have been there for me, my family and our community on so many occasions, in so many different ways. You are the most inspirational person. I hope we can support you as much as you have carried all of us over the years. My thoughts and well wishes are with you and your family. Lots of warmth and love, Sari

• Mimi Menon

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    We wish you strength, courage, faith and hope through this dark time in your life. Most of us have personal experiences with cancer and you will come out of this, renewed, with new strengths and new insights, and you will love everyone in your life even more, if that’s possible, and this world and its beauty will be most wondrous.
    We are praying for your speedy recovery.
    With love,
    Govind, Mimi and Riva.

• Shelley Ingber

Refuah shlemah Yael. You will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery. My thought are with you .

• Harriet Wolman and Henry Liss

Dear Rabbi: We are so sorry to learn of this formidable challenge facing you. Your courage is an inspiration to everyone who knows you and we know you will face what lies ahead with resourcefulness and a positive outlook. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we wish you a full and speedy recovery. With great affection. Harriet and Henry

• Leon and Toba Offman

We are very sorry to hear of your illness and hope and pray that all turns out well for you and your family. We should mention that our oldest child, our son Jeffrey Offman, bar mitvahed at the temple, is having cancer surgery on the same date as yours. May God be with us all and be a source of mercy.

• Mair and Sladjana Musafija

Dear Yael,
    Avram called both of us the moment you sent the message. It was received in our home as we all receive similar news related to family and friends. On hand resignation that it hit us; on the other looking ahead finding the way us out of this situation. This proves that you proved rabbi Marmur’s comment on your installation – rabbi who instil the sense of belonging. You are one of us and we need your presence. With love and respect Family Musafija (P.S. My mother survived the same illness thirty years ago! M.M.)

• Ron Klotz

Dear Yael:

You are in my thoughts and prayers now and Juca and I will certainly be thinking about you next week. We pray that all goes well and you have a Refuah Sh’lema.
    With love,
    Ron Klotz

• Y. (Joe) Habib

Dear Rabbi Splansky:
    Sorry to hear about your health challenge. My daughter Claire once said “God gives big challenges to those who can handle them”. I think usually that is the case, especially so with you. I am sure you and your family will eventually rise above this challenge. My heart felt wishes for your speedy recovery and refuah shlemah.

• Debby Vigoda

Our prayers are with you, for successful surgery and a speedy and easy recovery.
    You know my firm belief in the power of prayers. My family and I are convinced that our dearly loved Morris survived the terrible accident through the prayers of so many of our fellow congregants, family and friends.
    Fondly, Debby

• Dan Seligson

You’re very strong and amazing and I know you’ll recover completely and quickly.

• Ellen Ferdman

Dear Yael,
    So sorry to hear that you are going through this. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Will be thinking of you and your family.
    Love,Ellen

• Kathleen Hunter

My son’s family belong to your temple. They have two girls. I have watched you at various services and been grateful that my grand girls will always appreciate that women can be inspiring spiritual leaders too. Your courage and grace in sharing this with the community and beyond while at the same time connecting it to a universal theme of resilience for all of us is a blessing

• Marlene Myerson

My dear Yael
    You continue to serve as an extraordinary role model, even during your time of personal challenge. May the strength that you give to others serve you well at this time. Wishing you a refuah shlemah.
    Warmest wishes and prayers for a complete recovery,
    Marlene Myerson

• Shara Kaufman

Yael,
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and good comfort for Adam, the boys and the rest of your family.
    Much love to you,
    Shara

• Ann Rosenfield

All best wishes for a full, complete, and quick recovery.
    I’m sure you have many offers but if you need food dropped off, don’t hesitate to let me know
    Warmest wishes
    Ann Rosenfield

• Charles and Joy Cohen

Yael, thank you for being so open with your diagnosis, and be assured that our thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery are with you and your family. You have set an example on how to deal with a difficult life situation, which is an inspiration to all of us.
    Charles and Joy

• Arlene Roth

Dear Rabbi Splansky, our beloved Rabbi,
    We are all rooting for you. Our hearts are filled with prayers of healing for your speedy recovery.

• Marlene & Robert Ruderman

Dear Yael,
    The outpouring of support from all of us in your congregation will surely provide you with the knowledge that so many people are wishing you well and hoping that you and your family will weather this trial successfully. We wish you a Refuah Shelemah.
    Robert & Marlene Ruderman.

• Yael and Steve Greenwood

Dear Yael – Steve and I were so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. We are thinking of you and your family. We wish you a SPEEDY recovery and Refu’ah Shlema!!! Love, Yael and Steve

• Larry and Karen Hausman

Our prayers are with you, dear Rabbi, we wish you a very successful surgery and a complete recovery.

• Hettie & Norm Lofchy

Our best wishes for successful surgery and speedy and complete recovery .Hettie and Norm Lofchy

• marcia and sam schaffran

we wish you a full and speedy recovery.you are in our thoughts and prayers.

• Warren & Joanne Godel & Oliver & Georgia Blatt

Dear Rabbi,
    please know that we are all in this together- that is what we learned-
    we are sending our positives vibes and wishes to you and your family.
    You have the best care available and we wish you a full and complete recovery. Be well.

• Naomi Bell

Dear Yael: With your warmth and charm and prodigious talent, you are embedded in the hearts of your congregants. I add my fervent good wishes for your speedy and complete
    recovery!
    Naomi Bell

• Debbie Morgam Rappaport

Yael,
    Having been through this challenge myself, I know you have the love, strength, and support you need to face it. If you want to talk about the road ahead, I’m happy to do so any time.
    All my heartfelt love,
    Debbie

• sharon clavir

Dear Rabbi

You have given so much support to me and my family… I hope we can do that for you.

We wish you a speedy and complete recovery and my prayers are with you

Sharon Clavir and family

• Sandi Schafer

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    We are so sorry to hear of this terrible challenge to your health and we wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
    Andy and Sandi Schafer

• Ruth Ellen and Sheldon mGreenwood

Dear Yael,
    We were shocked and dismayed to hear about this huge challenge you are now facing. We are sending all our love and strength to you and Adam and your family. We look forward to your speedy and complete recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Refuah shelema.
    Ruth Ellen and Shelly and Family

• Michael Davis

I know you have the strength and conviction and resilience to get through this well.
    Our prayers are with you and for you.
    I look forward to seeing you back, and healthy, and well.
    You are an inspiration to me, and your strength and your face will help you get through this smoothly.

• Rabbi Lisa Grushcow

Sending warm wishes of support, and prayers for healing from me and my community in Montreal.

• Sandra and Zvi Merovic

Our Dear Rabbi
    We don’t know why, sometimes, we have some stones on our way, but we know that it is much easier to remove it when we have people to support us.With the Blessings of G-d and the support of the entire HBT family, you will remove these stones from your way. Our love, prayers and support with you. Be well and fast recovery. Sandra and Zvi Merovic

• Jennifer Shneer

Yael,
    I’ve known you since we are kids, and I know how brave and resilient you are. Please know that I’m thinking about you during this most challenging time. Best wishes to you.

• Sheila Bacher

My prayers and thoughts are with you: wishing you a speedy recovery. Best wishes.

• Sharon & Shelley Miller

Dearest Yael
    Chazak al chazak, we wish you good health and recovery.
    You are in our thoughts and prayers.

• Michaele-Sue Goldblatt

Dearest Rabbi,

May God grant you a full recovery, good health and a very long life.
    You are a very special human being and I pray, with all my heart, for your full and complete recovery.

With great affection and respect.
    Michaele-Sue

• Dena Perlmutar

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Apparently February 4 th is World Cancer Day. You have got the whole world cheering you on, and love of and support of your congregation! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    Dena and Rachel Perlmutar

• Carole and Jay Sterling

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    We are very sorry to hear about your diagnosis.
    Our hopes for a speedy and complete recovery!
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.
    We look forward to seeing you back at Holy Blossom soon.

• Judy and Eric Breuer

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    We hope that you will enjoy a problem-free and quick recovery. We are thinking of you and will pray for your return to good health.
    Judy and Eric Breuer

• Helen Lyon

First I looked at the picture, and I thought you grow more beautiful every time I see you. Then I started to read ….and I send you hugs and my wishes for a quick recovery to good health. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

• Heather Cohen

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Our prayers go to you for a good recovery. You are a very special person,
    With warmest wishes and thoughts to you and your family
    Heather Cohen
    Temple Israel, Ottawa

• David Posen

Dear Yael,

Thank you for sharing this news so openly with all of us. I wish you a full, fast and complete recovery. Your congregation is now a gigantic support system.

With my best wishes

David Posen

• Wendy , Ronnie, Courtney and Jonathan Peck

Rabbi,

We are so sorry to hear this upsetting news. As 4th and 5th generation congregants, we have a special connection to the Holy Blossom. We wish you all the best for a full recovery and look forward to your continued presence on the Beema.

• Carol Abugov

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    I am saddened to learn of your diagnosis but admire you, your openness and perspective. Please know that I am thinking of you with love and warmest wishes for a good outcome, good healing and all that you wish for yourself.
    Carol Abugov

• Seymour and Gloria Temkin

We wish you a speedy recovery. May you be granted additional strength and courage as you embark on this unknown journey before you.

• Richard Feldman, Irene Chow and Lin

We very sorry to hear of your illness. Our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

• Pnina Margolese

You are in my heart and in my prayers. I wish you a refuah shlemah, may
    G-d protect you on your journey.

• Eleanor and Peter Loebel

Dear Rabbi,dear Yael and Family,
    Our prayers and wishes for your recovery process and well being are sent with the deepest kavannah.
    Resilience and strength through trying times.
    Ellie and Peter Loebel

• Michael and Randi Marrus

Dear Yael, this burst of commentary, after such short notice, confirms what we all know: you have a devoted following at HBT, of people who are thinking about you and wishing you all the very best. Please accept one more message of affection and support, together with our wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Jane Herman

Picturing you enveloped in God’s healing presence..we are praying fervently for your full and complete recovery. Love, Jane and Rob Herman

• Anne Freeman

I wish you a speedy recovery. Hopefully all the love and encouragement from your grateful congregants will help you through the challenges you are facing in the days ahead.

Anne Freeman

• Tamara Hunter

Hugs and strength from the Hunter family to yours. We will be thinking of you often.
    Tamara, John, Tristan and Rebekah

• Francie and Stuart Klein

Dear Rabbi,
    We are thinking of you during this challenging time in your life. We wish you strength, a speedy recovery and a healthy tomorrow.
    Francie and Stuart Klein

• Dr. Mildred Eisenberg and Family

Dear Rabbi Splansky:

Your honesty and courage at this pivotal time in your life with the support of your own family and that of this remarkable congregation bring strength to your present challenge. May you experience a complete recovery and enjoyment of a full and happy life with your personal family and greater congregational family.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Mildred Eisenberg & family

• Marilynne and Joe Cass

We wish you a complete and speedy recovery. We are sure that you and your family will meet this latest challenge with the same grace and strength that you have demonstrated so well in the past. Remembering the warmth and support that you have shown to our family under similar circumstances, we shall keep you in our hearts and prayers.

• Francie and Paul Hellen

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    We wish you a refuah schleimah – speedy, and complete in all respects.
    Your comments above on resilience are ‘right on’ and you have the whole congregation rooting for you and your dear family.
    All the best,
    Francie and Paul

• Anci Shafran

Dear Rabi Splansky;

I wish that your surgery goes smoothly and that your recovery is as pain-free as possible. I have full confidence in your prognosis! I write this at age 83, but I want you to know that I had cancer of the rectum and surgery for same 15 and a half years ago.

May all go well for you now, and always!

Warmest very best regards, Anci Shafran

• Miriam Kagan

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Please accept my heartfelt wishes for a perfect surgical outcome and speedy recovery. We want you back in our midst very quickly.
    My thoughts and heart are with you.
    Miriam Kagan

• Lloyd Duckman

Godspeed
    Lloyd

• Susan Fine

Thinking of you and wishing you strength at this time.
    Fondly,
    Susan

• Angie and Adam Shiffman

Rabbi Splanksy,

We were so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and are so touched by the honesty and openness you have approached this, as with everything else. Just as you support your congregants, we are here to support you with our thoughts and prayers. Wishing you strength and health and lots of love.

The Shiffmans

• Michael Marrus

Dear Yael, just going through this list, so rapidly mobilized, is a sign of what we all know: you have the heartfelt thoughts of so many with you. Randi and I extend all good wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Anna Grosman

Dear Rabbi Splansky,
    Your greatest challenge yet! I know you will face it with the grace and determination that are an inherent part of who you are. I wish you strength and luck on your journey.

I have worked as a volunteer for Look Good Feel Better for over 12 years now. It is a wonderful organization and I have seen it help thousands of women who have faced what you are facing. Please check it out at Look Good Feel Better.ca. Also please have a look at Facing Cancer.ca. Ask your oncologist and /or the medical staff about it. The session I work at is the 4th Tuesday of every month at the Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook Hospital, but they have these workshops at Princess Margaret, Wellspring and many other hospitals and centres. I am sending you healing thoughts. Anna Grosman

• Ann Shendroff

Rabbi— As you have been so helpful to me in the past, my prayers are now with you. Wishing you a successful and complete recovery. Warmest wishes, Ann

• Sandra and Albert Page

We are thinking of you and wishing you well- a very successful outcome and complete recovery.
    Looking forward to enjoying more of your inspiring words and leadership and as we continue into the future.

• Marlene and Stanley Stein

Dear Rabbi
    We wish you and your family strength and courage as you move from sickness to health. We pray for your swift and complete recovery.

Marlene and Stan Stein

• Jo-Ann Silverstein

Dear Rabbi, We haven’t met as yet, perhaps one day we will meet each other.
    However, my good wishes go out to you in this special challenge. With the strengths you have, your doctor’s knowledge and Hashem’s love for you, you will win over this illness.I just feel this. With love, Jo-Ann Silverstein

• Julie, Larry, and Jonathan Schwartz

Rabbi Splansky, Wishing you strength, courage, and a quick return to good health.

• Hannah, Jon, Lily & Sophie Graff

Rabbi,
    Our thoughts are with you as you face this with strength, and we pray for your speedy and complete recovery.
    Hannah, Jon, Lily & Sophie Graff

• Hannah, Jon, Lily & Sophie Graff

Rabbi,
    Our thoughts are with you as you face this with courage, and we pray for a speedy and full recovery.
    Hannah, Jon, Lily & Sophie Graff

• Esther Zeller Cooper

Wishing you and your family continued strength and a speedy recovery.

• Sandy Atlin

I know you will face this challenge with the strength and resilience that is part of you.
    When I experienced a similar experience a couple of years ago, both my home family and my Temple family were a source of great comfort and support.
    May you have successful treatment and refuah shelama. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Caroline Ingvaldsen

Refuah sheleima: you are in my prayers.

• Aubrey Spring and Beverley Jackson

Dear Rabbi Splansky
    Our thoughts and love go out to you as you deal with your diagnosis, surgery and recovery.

• Marlene Orenbach

I am so sorry to hear about your illness. My family and I wish you a complete and speedy recovery.
    Marlene

• Joi Cole

Dear Rabbi; Wishing you all the very best on Feb.5. Hoping for a complete and speedy recovery. I look forward to seeing back at Holy Blossom very soon. My thoughts are with you.

• Fay Greenholtz

You are an inspiration to us all and have all of us with you supporting you in this ordeal.

• Alice Charach

From my family to yours, our hearts are full as we wish you a speedy recovery. The upcoming challlenges at Holy Blossom of reshaping bricks and mortar pale in comparison to those of reshaping, supporting and maintaining our congregational community. Thank you for sharing your news and the opportunity it affords us all to give back to you and your family, and to each other. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

• Marvin Sadowski

I have no doudt that you will deal with this like you have with many other “things” in your life.
    Put one foot ahead of the other and march forward. Don’t look back and with all of us pulling and praying for you, all will be well.
    Meantime, I will speak to “HIM” as I do regularly. That should do it.
    With love.
    Marv.

• Judy and Gerald Slan

We send you our warmest wishes for a full recovery . Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Steve Zalvin

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Martin and Harriet Blackstein

Dear Rabbi , our heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery

• Paula and Alan Warren

Our prayers and thoughts are with you for a complete recovery. Refuah Shelema

• The Coopers - Abigail, Miles, Austin, Nicola & Michael

Rabbi,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Strength to you and your family, we know you have a successful surgery and a complete and full recovery.

• Marilyn Freedman

I wish you a Refua Shelayma, Rabbi.

• Linda Wolfe

Dear Yael, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish your new adventure will go smoothly. Mine seems to be so far. With love,
    Linda

• Alberto Quiroz

Dear Rabbi Splansky:
    We elevate our prayers for G’d to give you the strength to overcome another challenge, put you in the hands of our best doctors and grant you a Refuah Sheleima. We are confident that the love and support from our congregants will lift your spirit through this difficult time.

• Cantor Ben Silverberg

Dear Rabbi ,

May G-d grant you a full and speedy recovery. Thank you for being so open about your diagnosis and upcoming surgery. I will pray that you are restored to wonderful health. All the best ,
    Ben

• Bram Aaron

Yael I wish you a speedy recovery and refuah shlemah and strength to you and your family especially for the next few weeks.

• Jay Wolofsky

Get well soon!

• Alena Strauss

Refuah Shelaymah. May you have a complete recovery.

• Toby Ellen Harrison

My family wish you a complete recovery. You will continue to be in our thoughts and in our hearts.

Toby Harrison and Zev Nadel

• Marsha Slivka

My wishes to you for a successful surgery and a full and complete recovery. With warmest wishes