We did it, all of us.
A great, big Mazel Tov to each and every one of us!
Now that our Renewal Project is officially, and excitingly, off the ground, we want our whole congregation to share in that excitement! So we’ve planned a week-long celebration of Renewal, Thursday, January 29 – Wednesday, February 4, that every Holy Blossom member – young and old – can participate in. Each of our regular Temple programs and activities, touching all age groups, will have a special Renewal component to engage its participants.
It’s all highlighted by a Celebration Brunch on Sunday February 1 at 12:00 p.m. Come join us for bagels and champagne (yes, champagne!) in the Philip Smith Congregational Hall. See and hear a detailed presentation by our architects at Diamond Schmitt. This is your chance to learn everything there is to know about HBT Renewal. And ask any questions that are on your mind.
Community MuralPlus, all week long, every Temple member will have the opportunity to make their mark on our Community Mural, signing their or their family’s name or handprints to a beautiful scroll for our time capsule, which will also appear on the hoarding that will eventually encircle much of our campus.
Even if you’re unable to join us in person to sign or leave a handprint, you can send us a photo of your signature or hand at [email protected] and we’ll make sure it gets onto the scroll. The message is clear … Renewal is a project of each and every one of us!
Launch Week Schedule of Events
Thursday, January 29th
- HBT Board Meeting, 6:30 pm, Boardroom and Foyer, for Board members and Sr. Staff
Shabbat Shira – Friday, January 30th
- Little Blossoms & Parent Mingle, 10:00 am, 11:00 am and 12:00 pm, Room 100, for children, parents, grandparents and caregivers, members and non-members welcome
- Wine and Cheese Reception, 5:15 pm, Philip Smith Foyer, all are welcome, with a special invitation to our new and returning members
- Shabbat Shira Kabbalat Shabbat & Pot Luck Dinner with “The New Gershonites” Concert (Judy & David & Jared), 6:00 pm service, 7:00 pm dinner and concert (locations tbd), all are welcome! For dinner, please RSVP to Elana Fehler, [email protected]
Shabbat Shira – Saturday, January 31st
- Torah Study, 9:00 am, Boardroom, all are welcome
- Family Service, 10:30 am, Youth Chapel, for families and volunteers (all Renewal volunteers will receive a group Aliyah)
- Main Service – Sermon in Song by Cantor Maissner, 10:30 am, Main Sanctuary, all are welcome (all Renewal volunteers will receive a group Aliyah)
- Congregational Kiddush, 12:30 pm, Eisendrath Hall, for all attendees on Shabbat
- Havdallah: Construction and Cocktails, 6:00 pm, Board Room, for our Young Professionals at Holy Blossom Temple, members and friends ages 22-36 invited, please email Rabbi Helfman, [email protected] for more information
Sunday, February 1st
- Shacharit Service, 9:00 am, Alice and Bernard Herman Family Chapel, plus special breakfast in the Board Room, all are welcome
- HBT School Kids Renewal Tours, 9:30 am, for Grades JK-5, and their parents
- RENEWAL CELEBRATION CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH and ARCHITECT’S PRESENTATION, 12:00 pm, Foyer of the Philip Smith Congregational Hall, the entire congregation is invited!
Monday, February 2nd
- [email protected] and ECC Participants, 10:30 am, Philip Smith Congregational Hall Foyer, for our Seniors Group, all Pre-school aged children and Shinshinim
- HBT School Kids Renewal Tours, 6:30 pm, for Grades 6-12 and their parents
Tuesday, February 3rd
- All Staff Lunch, all Holy Blossom staff to participate in the Community Mural and enjoy a Celebratory, staff-appreciation lunch. Staff, Senior Staff, Teachers and Clergy are a central part of our Renewal of Space and Spirit.
Wednesday, February 4th
- HBT Religious School Kids Renewal Tours, 4:45 pm, for Grades 3-5 and their parents
- Jewish Leadership Institute, 7:00 pm, Boardroom, for our Jewish Leadership Institute participants