A unique event was held in the studio of Temma Gentles, our artist-in-residence, in late autumn under the auspices of the Bikur Cholim Committee.
With Temma’s guidance, at a stencil-printing workshop, eight participants designed 8 different Challah Covers to be given to families receiving meals through Bikur Cholim. These Challah Covers convey a tangible connection to tradition and to our HBT community at a time when people need to feel the support of those around them.
Many thanks to Temma for her professional expertise, use of her studio, and her absolute joy in the creative process. The time we all spent together was delightful–filled with fun, enthusiasm, creativity, and camaraderie.
- Due to the success of our inaugural event, we have scheduled another one.
- It will be Thursday May 1, 2014 from 1:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Participants limited to 8.
- RSVP to [email protected] by April 23.
- If possible please bring a linen or cotton table napkin and a cutting tool.