HISTORY OF THE RENEWAL PROJECT.
DSAI became involved in the Holy Blossom Temple Renewal project through a design competition in 2003 and has since remained engaged as the architect throughout several design stages. The renewal project was originally a joint enterprise between the Holy Blossom Temple and the Leo Baeck Day School with improved facilities for both. The scheme comprised of renovations to the existing 1938 building by Chapman & Oxley and the 1960’s school wing addition by John B. Parkin Associates, a central atrium and new construction required to accommodate the increased program for both the temple and the school. Since that time Leo Baeck Day School relocated and the renewal project was redefined as an improved facility for the sole use of Holy Blossom Temple.