Rescheduled to March 11.
Mediation and Arbitration with Howard Warren
Shacharit Service 9:00 a.m.
Breakfast 9:30 a.m.
Presentation: 10:00 a.m.
Parties in divorce cases in Canada will now be offered mediation prior to any litigation. Separation and divorce affect nearly half of all marriages, and the Jewish community is not immune. Litigation is not only not in the best interest of the parties, of greater concern is the harm it does to children, watching their
parents do battle or worse, becoming part of the war.
Howard will speak about:
– what mediation is and how it differs from arbitration
– the different approaches to mediation that are currently available
– benefits of mediation/arbitration over litigation (there are many)
– what to look for in a mediator
– are lawyers necessary or advisable in the process
– the structure of a mediation, and that of an arbitration, and
– the cost in order to complete a mediation
Men and Women are welcome.