Already a member of Holy Blossom? Renew online today! Click here
T. 416-789-3291 ext. 229 | [email protected]
Become a part of Holy Blossom’s vibrant Jewish community — Life can blossom here.
Find your home in this historic congregation — Toronto’s first synagogue; a place where tradition meets modernity. Here we honour our noble past while boldly preparing for our future.
Join this leading synagogue as we come together to pursue Tikkun Olam — mending the world — through our wide-reaching social justice initiatives.
Pray with our sacred community at our daily minyan, on Shabbat, Festivals and Holy Days.
Learn from our inspiring clergy, as well as scholars and leading figures from around the world, who come to share the wisdom of our tradition in ways that challenge the intellect and enrich our lives.
Find your Jewish home away from home in our community of communities, where our members come together to form lasting bonds with one another.
We hope you will join us.
Our Inclusive Spirit — You Are Welcome Here
Holy Blossom Temple is guided by our values. As a community, we are always learning and growing together, as we aspire to fulfill our promise to be an inclusive spiritual home to all who seek Jewish community. Our Director of Community Engagement would be happy to speak with you if you have any questions about inclusion at Holy Blossom Temple.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of Holy Blossom Temple, you become part of our congregation, a Jewish community that will cater to your spirit, your intellect, and your drive to make the world a better place. Together, we mark simchas (celebrations) and sorrows, we build friendships, and grow our Jewish identities.
Membership contributions to Holy Blossom Temple help us to build a vibrant community for all of our members, from our littlest Blossoms to our cherished elders, and to provide the highest quality programming and services for every stage of life.
The benefits of membership include:
- Rabbis and Cantors to officiate your lifecycle events;
- Empathic pastoral care in times of difficulty or bereavement;
- Tickets to our inspiring High Holy Day services and programs;
- Consecration, B’nei Mitzvah, and Confirmation rituals for your children;
- A subscription to the Temple Bulletin;
- Membership in the Union for Reform Judaism, where you will join a North America-wide network of Jews with shared values;
- Meaningful connections with the Reform Movement in Israel;
- Members’ pricing on Holy Blossom’s stimulating and inspiring educational, social and cultural programming;
- Access to congregational trips, where our Rabbis and Cantors teach and learn with you as you explore Jewish destinations;
- Access to burial plots at our three cemeteries, including Beit Olam, our purpose-built cemetery for interfaith families wishing to be buried together in a Jewish context;
- The ability to book exquisite event space in our renewed facility;
- Unique volunteer opportunities where you can enrich yourself as you build your Jewish community;
- Access to our Portal for Meaningful Membership;
- The chance to feel part of Jewish history-in-the-making and to contribute to the Jewish future;
- The opportunity to be a part of a congregation which carries the responsibilities of leadership with creativity, devotion and joy;
- and much, much more.
Contact our Director of Community Engagement to learn more about what membership at Holy Blossom could mean for you.
Find Out What Membership Means to Our Community
My membership at Holy Blossom Temple is very important to me. Growing up in a mixed-faith family, I was exposed to my mother’s Judaism and my father’s Catholicism through my grandparents since neither of my parents were particularly religious. Read more »
We’re not your typical Jewish family next door. We’re a Korean-Quebecois couple who, while living in Asia, decided that Judaism was how we wanted to live our faith and our life Read more »
My membership has afforded me the opportunity to not only feel part of a community, through Sisterhood and various other committees but also to give back as leader of this special group of HBT members Read more »
We were attracted to HBT because of its outstanding reputation in Human Rights, Social Justice and Interfaith work Read more »
As a young family, Holy Blossom Temple has become an important spiritual extension of our home, helping us enhance our Jewish identity and feel connected to our community Read more »
We joined Holy Blossom because it gives our interfaith family a foundation on which to build our Jewish life Read more »
We chose Holy Blossom Temple because this special congregation not only welcomes but also enthusiastically celebrates a diversity of members Read more »
When I moved back to Toronto after university, the city's "large synagogue scene" hardly seemed like a welcoming place for twenty-somethings Read more »
I am told by my daughter that there is an emphasis on engaging young Jews to find their way to a meaningful Judaism. Read more »
The new Senior Rabbi, W. Gunther Plaut, was on the bima. A preschool student was sitting in the sanctuary about fifteen rows back between her parents. Congregants were self-reflecting during the silent prayer. Read more »